Planet Ocean summer blue on nato? Comfy?

Hi there,

I recently went to an Omega AD to try the summer blue Planet Ocean, I saw on the official website
that a nato strap can be put on.

How comfortable is the Planet Ocean on a nato strap? Does someone have a picture?

Many thanks!

All the best!

PO wears very thick on the Omega NATO since it’s a double pass. Comfort is good, but of course it’s a heavy watch to be on such a light strap so on wrist balance can be an issue if you don’t wear it tightly.

Like 3
Hi there,

I recently went to an Omega AD to try the summer blue Planet Ocean, I saw on the official website
that a nato strap can be put on.

How comfortable is the Planet Ocean on a nato strap? Does someone have a picture?

Many thanks!

All the best!

Omega's NATO straps are wildly comfortable- when it comes to other brands it can be a bit hit and miss, as some are comfortable and others are scratchy, so it's going to depend upon brand. I agree that this watch would be pretty chunky on a NATO, but not uncomfortable. The summer blue PO is quite nice though! good luck with your decision.

PO wears very thick on the Omega NATO since it’s a double pass. Comfort is good, but of course it’s a heavy watch to be on such a light strap so on wrist balance can be an issue if you don’t wear it tightly.

Many thanks for your reply! Yours is the 43,5mm? The one I had seen is the 39,5mm one, I think hat maybe makes it more difficult because of the
height/weight distribution!

Omega's NATO straps are wildly comfortable- when it comes to other brands it can be a bit hit and miss, as some are comfortable and others are scratchy, so it's going to depend upon brand. I agree that this watch would be pretty chunky on a NATO, but not uncomfortable. The summer blue PO is quite nice though! good luck with your decision.
Many thanks! I instantly fell in love with the dial! But I don't like the bracelet.

Another contender would be the 60th anniversary Bond Seamaster, but I hate artificially limited watches (and I say that as an Silver Snoopy owner) :(

In my opinion it is uncomfortable on nato. The watch is too thick for nato + weight.
Plus Omega nato straps are not the softest, but rather stiff and with that long strap the watch look cumbersome.
The best option for PO is rubber strap. Speedmaster or 300 different story. They have more versatility.

Hmm. I own several Omega natos and dozens of natos from other producers, and the only ones that come particularly close to Omega in terms of comfort (*of what I own) is Crown and Buckle. I find the crown and buckle natos too flimsy, which allows the watch to flop around a bit more than I like.

That said I DO agree that the way to go with the PO if you don't want it on the bracelet, is to go with it on a rubber strap.

As far as the 300 goes - I own a summer blue heritage and love it pretty much any which way.

In my opinion it is uncomfortable on nato. The watch is too thick for nato + weight.
Plus Omega nato straps are not the softest, but rather stiff and with that long strap the watch look cumbersome.
The best option for PO is rubber strap. Speedmaster or 300 different story. They have more versatility.

Hmm. I own several Omega natos and dozens of natos from other producers, and the only ones that come particularly close to Omega in terms of comfort (*of what I own) is Crown and Buckle.

That said I DO agree that the way to go with the PO if you don't want it on the bracelet, is to go with it on a rubber strap.

I have an Omega nato strap as well.
Hamilton is widespread brand. So, most of us could try a nato strap on a simple Hamilton Khaki field model and then compare that nato strap comfort with Omega. No comments! Really!
I found Omega nato straps cumbersome, stiff and uncomfortable. Definitely would not recommend.
Rubber is excellent.

I think first gen PO is more versatile in terms of straps and you could try to play. 2nd and 3rd just oem bracelet and rubber

I have an Omega nato strap as well.
Hamilton is widespread brand. So, most of us could try a nato strap on a simple Hamilton Khaki field model and then compare that nato strap comfort with Omega. No comments! Really!
I found Omega nato straps cumbersome, stiff and uncomfortable. Definitely would not recommend.
Rubber is excellent.

I think first gen PO is more versatile in terms of straps and you could try to play. 2nd and 3rd just oem bracelet and rubber

When you say 'stiff and uncomfortable' assume you're talking about the Polyamide versions, stiff maybe, initially but still more comfortable than any other after market I've ever bought, and believe me, far too many of them, and wish I could get rid of about 30 of them, but their Polyester straps are pretty soft and a lot thinner. Mad prices now at around the £170GBP, but the Polyamide ones I've had for around 10 years are still decent. The Polyester I've only had a couple of years though.

As far as the 300 goes - I own a summer blue heritage and love it pretty much any which way.

Until now I only had the chance to see the PO summer blue in person, the 300 wasn't available. The 300 could be interesting!
I presume its dial is slightly lighter in colour, but it is made from another material!

Until now I only had the chance to see the PO summer blue in person, the 300 wasn't available. The 300 could be interesting!
I presume its dial is slightly lighter in colour, but it is made from another material!

Yes, the dial is varnished metal and has a completely different look to it. It isn't ceramic so it doesn't flash as much and the changes tend to be much more subtle as they occur, but different enough that the dial looks vastly different in different lighting conditions. Both are great, but not at all the same!

As far as lighter versus darker, it is lighter, but from what I have observed it also has the capability to look much darker than the planet ocean, possibly because it isn't ceramic. I say that never having worn the planet ocean more than a few minutes however.

20231027_102933.jpg 20231019_191348.jpg 20231019_084033.jpg20231213_145941.jpg 20231029_080602.jpg

Like 2
I looked at the planet ocean 75th today. I liked it, the dial is great, but I'm not too sure about the thickness either. It's pretty tall

I looked at the planet ocean 75th today. I liked it, the dial is great, but I'm not too sure about the thickness either. It's pretty tall
yes, and the bracelet looks badly finished (to me!) I know it is a toolwatch, like the Tudor Pelagos, but ...

Yes, the dial is varnished metal and has a completely different look to it. It isn't ceramic so it doesn't flash as much and the changes tend to be much more subtle as they occur, but different enough that the dial looks vastly different in different lighting conditions. Both are great, but not at all the same!

As far as lighter versus darker, it is lighter, but from what I have observed it also has the capability to look much darker than the planet ocean, possibly because it isn't ceramic. I say that never having worn the planet ocean more than a few minutes however.

20231027_102933.jpg 20231019_191348.jpg 20231019_084033.jpg20231213_145941.jpg 20231029_080602.jpg

Many thanks for the nice pictures! It is a wonderful watch! So I have to take a closer look at this model and the 300M which as a nice dial as well!

Like 1
I don't have the Summer Blue PO in particular (I have the 300M) but I enjoy the Aqua Terra straps on them. They are quite comfortable and balance well with the top-heavy POs.

The Summer Blue PO has a lug width of 19mm so it would need the strap from smaller Aqua Terra and I can't confirm if it will fit.

Here's what my watches look like on the AT strap

1000024301.jpg 1000028169.jpg 1000028205.jpg

Like 2
I don't have the Summer Blue PO in particular (I have the 300M) but I enjoy the Aqua Terra straps on them. They are quite comfortable and balance well with the top-heavy POs.

The Summer Blue PO has a lug width of 19mm so it would need the strap from smaller Aqua Terra and I can't confirm if it will fit.

Here's what my watches look like on the AT strap

1000024301.jpg 1000028169.jpg 1000028205.jpg
nice collection you have there! Many thanks for the pictures! The strap is an interesting option! Have you tried a nato strap on your 300M I think
it is less top heavy than on a PO? Next week I'm in Brussels maybe I find one to try on!

nice collection you have there! Many thanks for the pictures! The strap is an interesting option! Have you tried a nato strap on your 300M I think
it is less top heavy than on a PO? Next week I'm in Brussels maybe I find one to try on!

Thank you. I have tried NATO straps on other watches but they do not appeal to me. Too many "ears" for my taste.

I quite like the Tudor Black Bay 58 on a Nato, but that is a different story :-)
Next week we'll see!

How do the Omega OEM natos fit for this odd sizes? I see on the website they are listed with a fudge factor, like 19-20 and 21-22