Forums Latest Members

Planet Ocean keeps losing time?....

1. abalanik Dec 27, 2017

Hello everyone,

About two years ago I purchased a new old stock Planet Ocean 2500. It ran flawlessly until about 6 months ago where overnight it started losing about 5 minutes a day. I got it serviced under warranty at Omega and was great....up until 2 days ago where it started losing about 5 minutes a day.

I don't wear this watch to the gym or while doing any work related chores. Basically wear it during the day to work and on weekends (I believe the term is desk diver).

I need to bring it back to Omega for service again. My question is: Is this normal? I've had Tags and Hamilton automatics with no issues for 10 years.

Out of warranty these repairs for the Omega would cost 500 bucks. If I need to do this on an annual basis then no thank you.

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks.

2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Dec 27, 2017

No, not normal at all. Unfortunately with warranty repairs you won't get many answers about what the problem is when they fix it...

Cheers, Al

3. flw history nerd Dec 27, 2017

Unless I'm mistaken, your Omega service should have come with a 2 year warranty. Check the exact date of the first service before you take the watch in. Regardless, it shouldn't be running slow after just a couple of years.

4. Buck2466 Dec 27, 2017

If it was serviced under warranty, which is what the OP said, then it wouldn't come with a 2 year warranty. It would only have the remainder of the original warranty. If serviced out of warranty, then it would come with a new warranty of 2 years.

flw likes this.
  5. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Dec 27, 2017

Correct - original sales warranties are not extended if there is an intervention during that warranty period. However at the discretion of the country brand manager, an extension can be made if they feel it's warranted, but it's certainly not automatic.

Cheers, Al

6. Buck2466 Dec 27, 2017

Don't these come with either a 3 or 4 year warranty? The OP said he purchased it about 2 years ago and had it serviced by Omega 6 months ago. It should still be covered by warranty possibly. I have a PO chrono that had to be sent back 3 months after purchase because it stopped. Omega replaced the watch with a brand new one. Then that one stopped after a couple years and was sent back in and Omega serviced it and sent it back. All under warranty. It is now out of warranty.

7. abalanik Dec 27, 2017

Thanks everyone. I think I'm still under warranty (need to check the cards later), which is fine but a little upset about the situation. This is twice in less than 2 years and it's not even a slight loss of time. It runs great and all of a sudden it's losing 10 minutes a day. And I baby the watch. Ugh.....