Forums Latest Members
  1. billwhite75 Sep 7, 2019

Newbie here. I finally decided I was worthy and wanted to get myself a nice automatic watch. I have a old Citizen Navihawk that is gummed up and a ESQ. After searching I settled on the Planet Ocean GMT Titanium. I don't need a He release valve, but I wanted a bulky GMT watch with a simple face. The 300M Seamaster GMT was only available in Chrongraph.

So I found one at The Luxury Well. I did my research on the place and they appear to be legit. They are a certified seller on Chronos.com. Spending so much money I though I would document the opening of the package just in case it is fake I needed to contest it with the card company. Here is a link to the unboxing video:

I apologize for the video quality as I am not a Youtube unboxing professional.

I can find no indications of this being a replica. Since making the video I found some other things. The White Box has a made in China sticker on it. I have to admit that was quite unnerving.

Some positives I found. The bezel does turn two times for every minute and seems to be aligned perfectly. The pearl is also perfectly centered. Overall quality feels excellent.

Do you all see any thing questionable?

Are these newer watches with the transparent backs hard to find in replica?

Thanks
    IMG_20190906_123039.jpg

2. drhombus24 Sep 7, 2019

Looks perfectly fine to me. Congrats and enjoy!

3. nmttd2 Sep 8, 2019

Omega boxes are made in China. Usually they peel off that sticker before given to customers. The watch is 100% real.

4. billwhite75 Sep 8, 2019

Thanks that makes me feel better.

5. JohnnyRocket Sep 9, 2019

Hey Bill....

Just viewed your unveiling. I too just purchased the same watch with the blue strap. Mine should be landing after the 16 th. Thanks for the look.

6. WatchShopping Sep 9, 2019

Not related to authentic or not, but it's always a good idea to make sure the serial number on the watch matches the serial on the cards.

7. fskywalker Sep 11, 2019

Congrats!!

8. billwhite75 Sep 11, 2019

Thanks, now I have to pick another watch. The idea is to get two that I can pass done to my two sons.

9. pongster Sep 11, 2019

Great idea

10. billwhite75 Sep 12, 2019

For some reason my two young boys are obsessed with watches, I think Youtube has something to do with it. My 6 year wears his Armitron every day, even though he doesn't know how to read it.

11. JohnnyRocket Sep 30, 2019

My Son has in the course of 22 years on this planet destroyed close to 10 I phones through various stupidity and sports. Heavy on the stupidity!
    He will when I pass receive my Rolex Explorer 2. Anything else in my collection would not stand the strain. Sorry Omega. Although My G shock 1000 Gps
    Might be able to take him on. Problem is...I’m not sure if Heaven has cable so that I might tune in to see what he does do. Hmmm...

12. machamp6650 Oct 2, 2019

Great idea, you've just justified my next purchase to the wife. Had our second recently but haven't allocated a watch to her yet - better head off to the AD tomorrow...

13. JohnnyRocket Oct 2, 2019

Bill...I like very much the idea of giving the gift of Time for posterity. What other object other than a fine Watch has such a personal vibe or touch to it. I look at my Fathers old watch from the mid 60’s and it evokes many memories of both of us
    At a very early breakfast table - talking before we were off rushing to our pursuits.
    Him supporting us for so many years and mine then at school.
    Now, years past...You come to realize that the greatest possessions We have are secondary to Time. That’s the big one. A fine watch reminds you of that each and every day. How much you get and for how long is the final mystery to be sure,
    But you can measure it, celebrate it , and relish it. I believe your own vibe gets
    Transferred to that watch over time. That it turn gets transferred to your Son
    Or daughter. I have a Rolex Explorer 2 that I will pass to my Son Sean.
    It’s My hope that maybe - just maybe my future a Grandson will wear that to his
    Graduation. A Watch Like an Omega or Rolex stands for something. Quality
    Through Time.

14. JohnnyRocket Oct 2, 2019

Oops a couple of syntax errors there.

15. Hands90 Oct 7, 2019

Loved "I have to admit that was quite unnerving."

I studied the movement to the best of my ability.
    I'd buy this one if I saw the video. looks good to me.

16. jolyon Oct 22, 2019

Looks legit to me - congrats on your purchase!

17. Claven2 Oct 28, 2019

great snag, congrats!