Forums Latest Members

Planet ocean faded second hand - worth changing?

1. Chemistman Sep 27, 2016

Hi folks, I've recently picked up a PO chrono from 2006. Love the watch, and it runs great. Beautiful piece it is!

I noticed the second hand is no longer orange on the tip, which I heard is quite common.

Just wondering if this is worth replacing ? I am using this watch as daily so if the new hand is going to fade in a few years time then I probably won't bother.

I wonder if they have fixed this issue.

Many thanks !

1475031878839-607556491.jpg
  2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Sep 28, 2016

Umm the second hand was not Orange on your watch.

Some did, some did not.

3. gttime Sep 28, 2016

Pretty sure this one was orange.

To the OP I would wait until you get the watch serviced and have it replaced then.

4. Carnagerobert Sep 28, 2016

Leave it to it beatiful imperfections !! Tell the story of how those years were common for that

5. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Sep 28, 2016

Pretty sure there are 3 varieties of black bezeled 3313 POC's.

White numbers and orange/ no orange Chrono second. And orange numbers.

Google shows more then a few without an Orange Chrono second and not a single Orange Bezel 3313 with a non orange Chrono second.

If it was a mfg flaw or fading you would expect to see faded orange or white on an Orange Bezel POC. Or an intermediate faded one somewhere.

6. Chemistman Sep 30, 2016

I can definitely see there is an ever so slight orange on the second hand . I might leave it until the next service. Hopefully the new second hands will last a bit longer this time.