Forums Latest Members

Planet Ocean Deployment Strap (98000364) on regular Seamaster

1. joroz001 May 5, 2015

Does anyone know if the Planet Ocean Deployment Strap (Part # 98000364) fits the case of the regular Seamaster (Part # 212.30.41.20.01.002). I know that strap # 98000037 fits the case but I do not want to keep buying that as it is not waterproof and only lasts me about one year.

2. yinzerniner May 6, 2015

Definitely won't fit. Some PO 8500 42mm straps fit on the Speedmaster case due to the similar distance between the case and the lug spring bar hole, but the SMP holes are in a completely different location.
    I don't think they make a water-resistant rubber deployment strap for the SMP cases. Even their strait lug end straps are all non-waterproof. A shame, since the new rubber straps are incredible.

3. joroz001 May 6, 2015

4. Event horizon faux seller of watches and complete knobhead May 6, 2015

I'm not bothered about bending spring bars for aesthetic purposes. Surely that must weaken the bars and increase the chances of your precious watch sproinging off your wrist at an in opportune time.
    Am I wrong? Would this affect the strength of the bars?

5. ulackfocus May 6, 2015

Are you trying to send a deployant on deployment? Where to - Afghanistan?

Geezus, even Otto Frei screws it up! :thumbsdown: ::facepalm2:: I guess I have to forgive our OP, and then cancel my account on Ofrei. :whipped:

Driving pet peeve: people who don't use turn signals.
    Watch Forum pet peeve: people who use "deployment" when "deployant" is the correct term.

6. joroz001 May 7, 2015

Deployant is not a word in the English language. Language should be allowed to evolve and words may take on new meanings. A perfect example is how the word figuratively has been added as an alternate definition of literally.

7. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker May 7, 2015

It might not be of English origin, but it is correct in this context, where deployment is not.

"Irregardless" is also used by many (it's like nails on a blackboard when I hear it) but being used often does not make it correct...

keisuke_z likes this.
  8. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member May 7, 2015

The one I hear watching American TV is "Axed" as in "I axed Bob if he'd seen my missing steers, and he axed me if I was crazy cos they were right there in the paddock all along"

If you axed someone in Australia for directions you'd do 20 years.

keisuke_z and felsby like this.
  9. Event horizon faux seller of watches and complete knobhead May 7, 2015

Ok here's my pet hate when people say fink instead of think and fought instead of thought. Especially when I hear it on TV from presenters.

10. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! May 7, 2015

That word used to be pronounced 'axed' by everyone some few hundred years ago. There are places in the US where the dialect is virtually unchanged since the 1700s.So while it might grate on you... I wouldn't be so quick to condemn it.

Tom

11. Jimos May 7, 2015

::confused2::I'm so confused........I recently purchased from a watch band/strap specialty house what they describe on their website as a;
    Gold Push Button Deployment Buckle Deployant Clasp

So go figure.