Forums Latest Members

Planet Ocean deployment clasp issue

1. khoalety Jan 15, 2014

I bought the OEM black rubber strap/deployment clasp from Ofrei.com last summer. I've noticed from the start when I close the clasp, only one side is in place where the other side is not. I can push the side that isn't in its place down and it will pop up about 1/8" or 1/16" (green picture). I wonder if it has anything to do with the red circle in the black picture doesn't snap into the hole when folded? It bugs me and I wonder if it can be adjusted?

Thank you for your help!

1.jpg Untitled1.png
  2. alam Jan 16, 2014

It looks like you have identified the source of the problem; assuming the strap is designed to fit that particular buckle and based on your comment that you have experienced the issue from the the start, I'd further assume you got a defective buckle... :coffee:

3. khoalety Jan 16, 2014

It never pops out by accident so it is a plus. :rolleyes: I wear 1 hole down from the last one and it isn't too tight (last hole is too tight). Let me try it at the last hole to see if the wobble will go away. The reason I said that because when I push the strap from the bottom up into the clasp and the wrist a little then both sides are even. I will update on what I find out soon. Thanks, alam!

4. khoalety Jan 19, 2014

I checked my watch and I set the clasp on the last hole on the strap so I can't experiment with what I mentioned above. But when I slided the watch up my wrist to simulate the tightness, the wobbling side was closer but it didn't fix the issue. Anyway, I was curious but it isn't a big deal.

Thank you for your feedback, alam.

5. Omeg@007 BLACK & ORANGE rule!!! Jan 17, 2017

Had to revive this thread coz i have a same question and need little more explanation.

Is it normal for the Deployant clasp to pop out little after closing it? Or it should be tight?

In my case both sides are even.

6. Omeg@007 BLACK & ORANGE rule!!! Jan 22, 2017

Helloooo! UP

7. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 22, 2017

When I had one of these it was snug and there was no real play to it if that's what you're asking.

8. Omeg@007 BLACK & ORANGE rule!!! Jan 22, 2017

In my 2014 deployant, it is tight, but in the new looking deployant from year 2015 and 2016 it has this give off..

If any has such a version to confirm! ?