Forums Latest Members

Planet Ocean Chrono 3313 Chrono Function Help

1. Scanny Sep 13, 2012

Hi all,

I got a PO Chrono with the 3313 movement in it last week of my fiancé as a gift, and I have a few questions about it that I'm struggling to find answers to.

Chrono function, can it be stopped and just the hour, minute and seconds hands active? On my previous Chrono watches I could activate the ancillary dials, but with the PO they are running by default.

Strap fitment - I purchased the orange rubber strap and it's a very tight fit at the lugs, soo much so that it's a struggle to fit it - I gave up and let my watchsmith try, and it took him an hour.

Apart from those it's a lovely chunk of metal, if a little stiff to wind

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Steve

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 14, 2012

Can you post some pictures of it? Did you buy new from an authorised dealer?

3. Scanny Sep 14, 2012

Hi Dsio,

It was purchased through Beaverbrooks in the Uk and arrived with me on the 4th September.
    http://www.beaverbrooks.co.uk/product/12089/omega-planet-ocean-chronograph-men-39-s-watch-mx9539

It's a 2218.50.00, http://www.omegawatches.com/gents/seamaster/planet-ocean-chrono/22185000

[​IMG]

If I start the timer, with the uppermost button, the minute hand begins to sweep and the lower and right ancillary dials activate. Once I stop it - the uppermost button, then reset it with the lowermost, the second dial (left ancillary) continues to work with the second hand and 2 other dials stationary at the reset position.

Thanks again

Steve

4. The GMT Master Chris @ ΩF Sep 14, 2012

Hi Steve,

That's working as it should do - the left sub dial is your continuous seconds hand and will always run. The main seconds hand and the right and bottom sub dials are your chronograph function. This is fairly standard on 3 dial chronographs, both quartz and mechanical :thumbsup:

Chris

Trev likes this.
  5. Scanny Sep 14, 2012

Hi Chris,

Thanks for responding.

With older Tag's I have never had them work in this way so thought I had best ask- albeit a now rather "blonde" question.

Thanks again

Steve

6. The GMT Master Chris @ ΩF Sep 14, 2012

No problem at all, Steve - we're always happy to help here! Congratulations on your new watch, it's a superb piece

Chris