Forums Latest Members
  1. Tejinator Nov 6, 2015

Hello,

New guy here...
    Wanted to get the opinion on the Planet Ocean timepieces and more specifically ones with the Caliber 2500 movement - of which I believe there were 3 different versions

If I were to buy one from a oversea's seller with a warranty that has expired should I be overly concerned - especially as the watch in question has never been serviced - but looks to be in good nick from the pics?

Would appreciate you're thoughts

2. alam Nov 6, 2015

I believe the general consensus regarding a 2500 movement is to get the latest iteration, the 2500D? its serial number will cross reference to the movement and @Archer may be able to tell you which variant is under the hood...

Tejinator likes this.
  3. Tejinator Nov 6, 2015

Thanks for your response and additional info. @alam

4. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Nov 6, 2015

If you can get a D that would be best. You can also tell if it's a D because the number 1 on the date window will have a tail (1) as opposed to looking plain (I)

This said not all A,B or C movements had issues, and the issued they had where very much taken into a disproportionate level of concern. They where easily fixable and most importantly if the watch you get is keeping time within specs today then no matter what movement it has it is a unit without issues, because any issues would have surfaced long ago or be fixed long ago.

But they where lubrication and minor issues, it's not like the watches overheated and exploded severing your wrist.

Tejinator likes this.
  5. Tejinator Nov 6, 2015

@Nobel Prize
    Firstly, thanks for your response and the info. provided.

Secondly, you did make me chuckkle with your analogy of an exploding Omega Wrist IED - Swatch Group... Be Aware....

Nobel Prize likes this.