Forums Latest Members

Planet Ocean Big Size 22 00 5000

1. Varasc Nov 9, 2016

Good evening,

I'd like to ask you kind opinion on this near mint Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean,

http://shop.lorologiaiobiella.it/modules/shop/photo.php?lid=2243

I know the text is in Italian, but the page provides detailed pictures and price. With a seller 12 months additional guarantee. What do you think, please?

Kind regards,

Marco

2. meganfox17 Nov 9, 2016

Hi @Varasc [emoji137] / ( Marco van Basten [emoji460] ) [​IMG]I believe the Calibre 2500 D movements 1st appeared in June/July 2011 . If my limited Italian is correct , the advertisement specs says the watch has a Cal 2500 D
    What I dont understand is why the warranty card was stamped with much much earlier date 21.6.2005 ?
    Any serial number higher than
    8525 ●●●● is a Cal 2500 D. Some 8525●●●● are Cs & some are Ds
    My Impression is if the Omega PO 600 XL 45.5 indeed has a Cal 2500 D then it doesnt match the Omega card date of warranty

If you are interested in confirming the Cal movement , you should contact Mr Archer & provide him with the serial number of the watch

P/S : Anyway the watch price listed at
    € 2900 is expensive. I have seen a very nice example of a pre owned going for US 2600

Edited Nov 10, 2016
  3. Varasc Nov 10, 2016

Thank you Meganfox17! :) Very kind. I'll see the watch and ask about that to the seller.

4. Varasc Nov 12, 2016

Hi all. As promised, I visited the shop this morning. They were quite in a hurry - the shop was already packed, but following my info request, they told me it was the "first series", and therefore that the year (2005) matched with the caliber (2500). The owner just found the time to check the label on the watch with the original box and paper they had in store. Does it make any sense to you?

I'd like to mention that they are an authorized Omega seller, even concerning co-axial repairs, and that in effect they were really hurrying to serve other customers. I had plenty of time to see the Planet Ocean, but maybe I didn't explain at best.

5. meganfox17 Nov 12, 2016

Hello Marco @Varasc

How are you Sir[emoji137]
    Before I open my big mouth , it is of the utmost importance that you contact Mr Archer and request his help , you must provide him the full serial number of the watch to determine the Calibre movement.

The rest of my post is just a load of crap so ignore it if you've better things to do. Omega's Calibre 2500 movement 1st appeared in 1999 in some De Ville models but it never had the alphabet A behind . It became version 2500 A after 2500 B was introduced & B was fitted in the 1st AT models i believe. Then in Dec 2004 , version 2500C became public knowledge. Here I'll show you an example of an ebay item just like your watch that went unsold[​IMG]See the Omega card? That's Normal , no letter after the Calibre & the serial number tells me it's an earlier model maybe 2500C or 2500B. According to your Seller's card dated June 2005 it probably means it's a calibre 2500C [​IMG]In Summary
    1 ) To begin with ,the watch was tagged with the wrong Omega warranty card
    2 )The Seller was a very busy man seen running up & down the stairs, right left & centre serving a sea of customers but still manages to find time for you.
    3) By the slip his tongue, he tells you it was "An Expensive " FIRST SERIES"
    4 ) Then the seller acted unprofessionally by claiming " Oh it's a Calibre 2500 so therefore it's from 2005 ! "

The earliest version A was really problematic plus a lot of the preowned POs that I come across on ebay has either C or D. I dont think your Seller is still keeping A version in stock UNLESS.....he was sneakily trying to get rid of his old stock [emoji15] !! So what does he actually mean ?

Edited Nov 12, 2016
    cicindela likes this.
  6. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Nov 12, 2016

First series is meaningless. Was he referring to the movement or the first gen PO? We are in the 3rd gen now.

7. meganfox17 Nov 12, 2016

Correct me if I'm wrong but the first series PO were 1st announced in Baselworld 2005 came with 25200 vibrations per hour so they must be either 2500 C or 2500 D

What I dont understand is the warranty card was stamped 21st June 2005 so Is it possible to purchase the1st PO series 3 months after they were launched ? The serial number will determine the calibre & whether or not it matches the description on the Omega card

Edited Nov 12, 2016
  8. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 12, 2016

9. Varasc Nov 12, 2016

Thank you all. I don't know if they'll allow me to see the serial number but of course I'll try, as soon as back home. Very kind, Meganfox - that's a pity, I was starting to love that watch. :)

10. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Nov 12, 2016

I've read that doing this in a thread with the username is supposed to send me an email, but it never has...

Anyway, what is the question I'm supposed to answer? If it's about the movement it will be a 2500C or D, as PO's never came with the A or B.

Cheers, Al

Knezz and meganfox17 like this.
  11. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Nov 12, 2016

It should give you an alert in the alert section. At least that's what happens when people do it to me.

12. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Nov 12, 2016

I have 15,000+ alerts...not something I ever check...

Foo2rama likes this.
  13. meganfox17 Nov 12, 2016

Thanks Mr @Archer for answering but i wanted the OP to msg you first instead of me [emoji51] So the 1st generation POs came in either 2500 C or D versions. I would like to know whether the warranty card shown matches the watch since the seller's papers had stated it has a 2500D ( albeit without knowing yet the serial number at this point ). The PO serial numbers higher than 8525●●●● were all D versions right Sir ?
    Furthermore the Omega card was stamped 21.6.2005 that's 3 months after the first PO series was introduced in Baselworld 2005 so was that even possible ?

14. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Nov 12, 2016

I have no idea what "1st generation" means, but they came in the 2500C version for the first few years, then the upgrade was made to the D version in 2011. I can't possibly say what version the movement is in this watch, or if the card goes with the watch - without the serial number it's all speculation.

People have theorized there is a range of serial numbers where the change from C to D happened, but there is no official word on this from Omega. If I had the full serial number, I could see if the Omega Extranet states what version the movement is, but since the update they made to the site earlier this summer, it's very hit and miss if it tells you what version goes with a specific serial number...more miss than hit.

If the OP is concerned about this, there's one way to know for sure - have the watch opened and look at the version stamped on the main plate.

Cheers, Al

Varasc and meganfox17 like this.