Forums Latest Members
  1. mt_hangglider Sep 11, 2017

Good afternoon guys. Just wanted to share an interesting strap find with you today.

I recently picked up a new 8800 Caliber Planet Ocean that I like a LOT. This is the 39.5mm version and I find it to be a perfect fit for my flat 6.5" wrist (looks bigger on the wrist in the photos than in person).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The one drawback to this watch is that the lug spacing is 19mm. I have the same complaint about my SM300 Master CoAx which is 21mm. It makes it really hard to find straps. I really don't want to pay the crazy high price to get the OEM rubber/gator deployment Omega makes for this watch and if I'm doing rubber, would prefer an all rubber strap anyway.

Anyway, while searching, I came across an interesting find from a little known company called BIWI SA. Apparently they make super high quality OEM caoutchouc rubber straps for some high end companies like Richard Mille, JLC, AP, and others. The strap I ended up finding is one they produce for the public called the OSIRIS. You can get them in 19, 20, 21, and 22mm lug sizes. One of the few rubber straps I've found that's actually 19mm. I know a person can squeeze a 20mm strap onto 19mm lugs but it's nicer when you get one that's properly sized. Anyway, they apparently make the same one for Damasko and here is a picture I found. I'm hoping it'll be a good look and fit on my PO as well. Will be sure to take some photos when it arrives and I've made the swap.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. dinexus Sep 11, 2017

...Interesting. So where do you source said straps? I've heard of BIWI, but didn't think they made them readily available to the end-consumer, unlike Hirsch, Bonetto Cinturini, etc.

mt_hangglider likes this.
  3. mt_hangglider Sep 11, 2017

I couldn't find anyone in the US that carries them. Seemed like one of the only retailers that does is Chronoworld.com out of Japan. I opted for EMS shipping so hopefully that cuts down on delivery time.

dinexus likes this.
  4. mikesspeedy Sep 12, 2017

Don't forget the on wrist photo.

5. fskywalker Sep 12, 2017

Nice find. I have already source a 19mm brown barenia leather band (comes with First Omega in Space , FOIS speedy) for mine, haven't put it yet as am waiting for the weather to cool off a bit.

IMG_9684.JPG

IMG_9854.JPG

Please post pictures when you get it!