Forums Latest Members

planet ocean 45mm rubber strap

1. pontiac1345 Jul 26, 2016

Hi i wondered if any body could advise me and forgive me if this question has been asked before
    i have a 45.5 planet ocean and i need to replace the rubber strap and was looking for advice on where to buy one or a make that is good quality ..i was trying to avoid shelling out for a original ...any thoughts would be much appreciated many thanks
    mike

2. RARJ Jul 26, 2016

Depends what generation and model PO it is. The 8500 series straps happen to fit the 2500 series cases which was a nice surprise. In all honesty though you're better off going with an OEM Omega strap over a "good quality" alternative. If you're worried about it wearing out quickly or breaking then try one of the 8500 series straps and get the deployment buckle. I've had mine for years now and they're all still in perfect condition.

3. nurseford25 Jul 26, 2016

I would go OEM. I often see the 22mm versions pop up for sale on the forums quite often for both the 2500 model and the 8500 model. It would save you some money compared to the boutique prices. I think that the OEM is the best quality rubber strap you can get.

4. pontiac1345 Jul 27, 2016

This is a picture of my original strap after 5 years cant say im impressed so not sure about buying oem could i send back to omega?

20160727_191333[1].jpg
  5. chich Jul 29, 2016

There's loads of options if you don't want to go OEM. A popular one is from Isofrane, used on loads of divers. Very comfortable and quite sporty looking. Hirsch offers some good rubber strap options too.

Spy likes this.
  6. Spy You know my name. Jul 29, 2016

I own two ISOfrane's. Outside of an OEM this is my go to rubber strap.

7. logan2z Aug 5, 2016

I don't think I'd be too upset about getting five years out of a watch strap, assuming you wear it often. I've got the same strap and I've worn it regularly for more than two years and it still looks pretty new. If I get three more years out of it I think I'll have had my money's worth.

al128 likes this.