Forums Latest Members

Planet Ocean 45.5 titanium bracelet question

1. Peecmkr Apr 25, 2016

so what is the collective opinion of you all on my putting a stainless steel bracelet on my PO liquid metal 45.5 mm titanium model. Would color difference be too much or is it strictly a matter of weight. ?

2. jcmartinez98 Apr 25, 2016

Both would bother me but weight moreso than the color being slightly off

3. Nitzbar Will sell any watch tougher than him. Apr 26, 2016

Why would you want to do that?

4. Benolio Apr 26, 2016

It would end up looking like a fake. The colour mismatch is very obvious.

As with other poster, why? SS cheaper anyway.

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

Foo2rama likes this.
  5. Nitzbar Will sell any watch tougher than him. Apr 26, 2016

I agree Megan, it's his watch, he can do with it what he likes. He can throw it in the river if that's what makes him happy. I am just curious, why he would downgrade from Ti to SS.

meganfox17 likes this.
  6. Peecmkr Apr 26, 2016

Thanks all. I'm having a hard time justifying $2400 for a new TI bracelet from Omega and used ones are almost impossible to find. Steel ones are much more common and cheaper but I'm not gonna do it if the contrast is too great or it doesn't match.

7. Nitzbar Will sell any watch tougher than him. Apr 27, 2016

8. Nitzbar Will sell any watch tougher than him. Apr 27, 2016

I don't blame you, that is a big chunk of change for a bracelet. Used ones do come up from time to time, but still pretty expensive. Personally, I would go with a strap before I went with a stainless bracelet on a Ti watch. I think there is going to be a noticeable difference in the contrast. But I could be wrong. I am sure it has been done before, so I would search for some examples before you make any decisions either way.

jcmartinez98 likes this.
  9. jcmartinez98 Apr 27, 2016

image.jpeg Also, if the lightweight nature of the titanium watch is an aspect that you value, it will be completely negated by putting it on a stainless steel bracelet.

I agree with the poster above and would wear it on a strap before putting it on the stainless steal bracelet

In fact , I do!

It will not match very well, and I suspect the difference, though more subtle due to the grade of titanium omega uses on this watch, would bother you, given your statement above.

randomguy, Peecmkr and Nitzbar like this.
  10. randomguy May 25, 2016

I wear mine on the OEM blue rubber, and doubt the Titanium bracelet I own will get to my wrist.
    111.JPG

11. GaryUFM May 26, 2016

Looks good! I've got a few straps for my PO as well as the bracelet (just to switch things up and also save on wear), and was thinking of getting the OEM rubber strap. How much are these?

I reckon this is a sensible suggestion though: get a decent non-metal strap (OEM or otherwise) that the watch looks good on, until a decent used Ti strap becomes available.

12. J.A.A May 30, 2016

Hi, do you still have your titanium bracelet for sale? Best regards Johnny