Forums Latest Members
  1. Bengermania Apr 11, 2016

I'm so glad I chose this watch over the Submariner

s-l1600[1].jpg s-l1600[3].jpg
  2. alam Apr 11, 2016

why? ::popcorn::

a nice diver you got there! :thumbsup:

3. Modernism Apr 12, 2016

because it's not as common? Dunno, just putting it out there.
    plus,...most people don't automatically think 'FAKE' when they see it, like they do with the Sub?

4. RARJ Apr 12, 2016

It's a great watch. Super versatile yet still has a great classic Seamaster look to it. I've owned that very same watch for close to 7 years now and absolutely adore it. A sub has never been an option for me due to it's relatively small (to me) size. I find the 45.5mm is the perfect case size and now own a number of variations/materials of POs in that size (titanium as well as Ceragold).

Sadly fake watches are still running rampant - fake subs are EVERYWHERE! But your watch is your watch - who cares if other people think it's real or not. You know it's real.

*incidentally the fakes of that particular PO are just horrible. They weigh about half as much and feel like cheap toys. A buddy of mine was trying to pass one off as the real McCoy once. Didn't go so well seeing as that I was wearing my legit one.

5. Modernism Apr 12, 2016

Agreed, Have had mine for nearly 8 years and doubt I'd ever part with it. Fakes of the PO are out there sure, but it's the Subs that are the rampant ones. The new Sub probably wears almost as big as the 45 in a boxy type way. I remember when I tried the 42/45 PO, I didn't really see that much difference

6. VicLeChic Apr 24, 2016

Got mine in Dec 2005, my first proper luxury watch. I've been complimented so many times, more than with any other watch. Great wrist presence, classic looks, sporty yet elegant. Has not been serviced in more than 10 years and still ticking well within COSC specs. Will never part with it.

[​IMG]

Edit: picture added (or it didn't happen :-P )

Edited Apr 24, 2016
    Flingit1200s likes this.
  7. larryganz The cable guy Apr 28, 2016

Did you make a bet to see how long it would take you to destroy it by running it long after all the lubricants have dried up?

8. VicLeChic Apr 28, 2016

Not at all. Co-axial escapement, less friction, longer service interval. Any sign of significant deviation will be my reason to take it for a service.

9. larryganz The cable guy Apr 28, 2016

Look at some of Archer's posts with magnified photos of mechanical wear on the movements - many of those watches with excessive wear would still run fine, but require costly parts to replace.

10. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Apr 28, 2016

Umm those early ones had the higher beat rate... More wear.

I love my orange PO chrono for all the same reasons. Plus it's a big watch but does not wear huge.

11. VicLeChic Apr 28, 2016

I just read Archer's thread about dry jewels, great info, thanks for the tip. I'll take the PO for a service on second thought...;-)
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/if-...-does-that-mean-it-doesnt-need-service.20475/

12. larryganz The cable guy Apr 28, 2016

Very happy to help - just wanted to make sure you can keep enjoying it for years to come. Sorry about my snarky looking first response, I know I clicked on a smiley face with my iPad but it's not there.

13. VicLeChic Apr 29, 2016

No problem, I learnt something new [emoji6]

14. larryganz The cable guy Apr 29, 2016

That's the one!