Forums Latest Members
  1. banksie Aug 24, 2015

My Authourised Dealer (Beaverbrooks Meadowhall), is telling me that the strap from the Pitch Black will not fit the DSoM for various reason, none of which make sense! Anyone done it or know that it will work?

2. Maximus84 Aug 24, 2015

What reasons are they giving?

3. banksie Aug 24, 2015

Different pins! Ceramic fragile so can't change strap! Case different size!

I was tempted to say your talking B*ll**ks, but the girl did seem to be trying to be helpful and stated that Omega had said it couldn't be done. After discussing pin size, the fact that the Omega video promoting the watch states that the case is so hard it needs to be cut with a laser and that the case is exactly the same size she agreed that her information was incorrect and will get back to me.

4. Maximus84 Aug 24, 2015

Yeah, that does sound implausible (to be polite!). I've been in that store a few times before and they've always been reasonably helpful, but this does seem incorrect!

5. yinzerniner Aug 24, 2015

I think she may've been given somewhat faulty information but is technically correct - the Pitch Black looks like it will come with a deploy-style strap instead of the tang buckle that is original to the DSOTM. Early promotional pics of the new DSOTM collection showed them on the old ceramic buckle, but I can confirm that the new collection will come on deploy straps. So that might've been what she was trying to convey, in that it's not the lug end that won't fit but the buckle end.

6. banksie Aug 24, 2015

Quite possibly the case ref deployment clasp. Will have to ask her that. I was going to get the deployment clasp anyway! Or whichever one will fit!

7. jcmartinez98 Aug 24, 2015

my plan all along was to just get the ceramic deployant and put it on the original DSOM strap. is this what you're saying will NOT work?

8. yinzerniner Aug 24, 2015

The deploy clasps from Omega will not work with the original DOSTM and GSOTM straps. The original straps for both used the ceramic buckle, which has a 5mm tang and the rectangular holes for the tang that are roughly 5.5mm X 2.5mm. The original strap lengths are roughly 120 on the long side and 80mm on the short side.
    The deploy buckle installs into circular strap holes that are roughly 1.5mm. And the strap lengths are 110 on the long side and 105mm on the short side.
    So, if you buy the ceramic deploy clasp you'll have to buy compatible straps to use with it.

9. jcmartinez98 Aug 24, 2015

Thanks
    Helpful info!

Looks like the black black has the most similar strap, although the Sedna black has a classy croc leather strap. I don't think I want the white stitching of the pitch black ( The white switch contrast might be cool) and I definitlely don't want to weathered look of the vintage black

Any opinions on which of the new Darkside straps would go best with the original DSOM?

kox likes this.
  10. richard371 Aug 25, 2015

I'm going for the black leather with white stitching for my dsotm. I wonder when they will be available and I'm sure will cost close to 800 with the ceramic/ti deployment.

Nicherotors likes this.
  11. guelerct Aug 25, 2015

Put a deployment on my Grey side last week
    The ceramic deployment is crazy expensive so I went brushed oem
    The strap has to be 21mm to 18 mm for the steel deployment
    [​IMG]

KstateSkier likes this.
  12. jcmartinez98 Aug 25, 2015

How much is the ceramic deployant, and how did you find out? I thought they were not available yet.

13. guelerct Aug 25, 2015

Over $1,000 U.S.

14. jcmartinez98 Aug 25, 2015

Whaaaaaa?????

15. richard371 Aug 25, 2015

Is that a guess or you know for sure?

16. guelerct Aug 25, 2015

I was in a boutique this weekend and talking about the ceramic deployment and mentioned how I might want one
    I jokingly asked if they were $1,000 and the tech replied "more"
    The brushed stainless looks great with gsotm but black ceramic would be the one for dsotm

jcmartinez98 likes this.
  17. banksie Aug 30, 2015

Here is the definitive answer!

Dear Mr Banks,

Thank you for your patience.

I have checked with our materials department who have advised that the straps for the black ceramic Speedmaster range will be interchangeable, however they are not available yet.

They will be available for purchase 6 months after the release of the watch. Until they are released, we will be unable to provide price, or confirm interchange ability.

I am very sorry that I cannot offer a more favourable response at this time. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further queries.

Kind regards

Alice Tibbs

Customer Support

18. Maximus84 Aug 30, 2015

Not that definitive! "...straps for the black ceramic Speedmaster range will be interchangeable...", followed by "... Until they are released, we will be unable to provide price, or confirm interchange ability..."

So are they interchangeable, or not!?

19. banksie Aug 30, 2015

Don't know...... You'll have to ask Omega!!!!!

20. yinzerniner Aug 30, 2015

I currently have two of the new SOTM series straps (antique leather and matte black) as well as the original GSOTM strap. See my post above for any and all information about interchangeability.
    This response by the CS Rep is just regurgitation of a form letter.