Forums Latest Members

PIP replacement/filler for Ladies SM200 how and where in USA?

1. msp1518 Mar 22, 2016

Gents and ladies, my sister AND my girlfriend (not to mention my oldest niece) absolutely loved my 2-toned Omega SM200 Pre-Bond. I ended up buying mom a 36mm sized all SS for her retirement. Now they all want a pre-Bond of some sort!

I am looking at two pieces (both champaign and 2-toned) for my sister and gf but both are missing the PIP. Otherwise they are tip top. It's soooo difficult to find them in this condition but whenever I do they are always missing the pip.

I know IWW in NC can do it, but they never responded to my last email and of course their wait times are legendary. Does anyone know where I can send a SM200 off to have the PIP replaced here in the states for a reasonable price? If they can also clean and replace gaskets that's cool too.

I do not want some ugly giant pearl that sticks out. What I would want is something luminous that looks like the original and (the pips were flat) or if lume isn't possible something not obtuse. It needs to look similar to what Omega first gave us. I really dislike those ballish replacement pearls that some people use. They stick out, appear absurd and always get smashed in time.

Thanks!

Photo for reference:

Omega Ladies SM200 Champaign no PIP closeup.jpg
  2. al128 unsolicited co-moderation giverer Mar 22, 2016

isnt that pretty much a bread-and-butter-job for ANY decent watchrepairer?

3. msp1518 Mar 23, 2016

There is only one watchmaker that is remotely close to me and he said he would be put in one of those big round pearls. No thanks.