Forums Latest Members
  1. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Oct 10, 2015

Who would like to wear a pin-lever watch for a couple weeks and see how strange (or not) it might be? :) Here's my submission: a 1917 Ingersoll Midget, with original strap and replacement lume.

Tom

IMG_0283.jpg
    Darlinboy likes this.
  2. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Oct 10, 2015

As for how "sloppy" the replacement lume is? The original lume was just as sloppy. Had it replaced by Jimmy Gilbert, who recently lost the use of one eye, but he's dealing with it!

Tom

3. SeanO Oct 11, 2015

ahh, the era of the Dollar Watch.

good enough for daily wear where you set the time before you go to work and take it off when you get home.

It's only the discrepancy between the size of the case and the strap that disconcerts me.

4. ChrisN Oct 11, 2015

Only one pin pallet movement in the house and it's a bit small for me. My wife's sixties
    Ingersoll. She wears it regularly but only a day at a time and I've told her to be careful with it. It has no crown seal...

It's surprisingly accurate. I was hoping for a few minutes a day but after a bit of tweaking, it's within a minute. Might be able to do better now as I built it over a year ago and have twice the experience I had then.
    ingersoll.jpg
    Of course, it's not the same Ingersoll as yours which is from the original USA company. These are cheap sixties UK watches made in collaboration with Smiths. Nice to get it going again for her after many years though.

Cheers, Chris