Pie pan cross hair, legit or not?

I've been offered this pie pan but worried it looks too good to be true?

Serial number looks like 13796575 which red flags it for me unless he comes back to me to confirm it's an 8, as in 18796575.

Anyone want to chip in any other concerns? I know the 14900 is a common fake but having read Desmond's ready on fakes I'm more concerned I've missed something.

Cheers

I always have trouble with the cross hairs, that's why I don't buy them. In this specific picture it looks as if the cross hair coming down from the 12 marker is off center to the Omega horseshoe, and it should pass right through the center of the letter E in Omega. If I try to draw a straight line from the 6 marker to where the line intersects with the star, it again seems slightly to the left. But it may be me...I just don't know...but I have seen a few watches where my eyes find everything perfect, and many more that they don't. If the cross hairs carry any sort of premium, I wouldn't put it past the market to start adding them to dials that didn't originally have them. Just as all the black dial Omegas that show up. Just my two cents.

I'm no expert but minus the crown, everything else look correct to me.

I'm no expert but minus the crown, everything else look correct to me.

I’m one for that, as well. I see nothing suspicious.

Looks OK....(hour hand is iffy and crown is not correct), if you can get past the moon crater effect. Borders on damage not patina. Price should very much reflect that.

See what the dog-leg collectors say on the case.

The shadow of the
In this specific picture it looks as if the cross hair coming down from the 12 marker is off center to the Omega horseshoe, and it should pass right through the center of the letter E in Omega.
It may be slightly misaligned, but I think the shadows make it look worse than it is. On my constellation the vertical crosshair is just barely to the right of the stem of the E in Omega. Different reference, though, of course.

I don’t have concerns about it, except the aforementioned crown, hands and dial condition. A replacement dial for a 14900 will be a tough one to source, to my eye it doesn’t look attractive as is. It all comes down to the price: A case like this would fetch ~500€ on eBay. Add 200€ for the movement and a small amount for dial, hands and the incorrect crown and this would be an ok buy at significantly less than 1000€ I’d say.

If you like the pimple-patina, of course.

I don’t have concerns about it, except the aforementioned crown, hands and dial condition. A replacement dial for a 14900 will be a tough one to source, to my eye it doesn’t look attractive as is. It all comes down to the price: A case like this would fetch ~500€ on eBay. Add 200€ for the movement and a small amount for dial, hands and the incorrect crown and this would be an ok buy at significantly less than 1000€ I’d say.

If you like the pimple-patina, of course.
I've been offered it for what equates to 550€, which is what rung the alarm bells to start with. Sounds too good to be true??

I've been offered it for what equates to 550€, which is what rung the alarm bells to start with. Sounds too good to be true??

The condition of the watch makes me a little hesitant in agreeing on the expression "too good to be true", but yes, that is a very fair price indeed. You haven't mention anything about the platform or if it's a personal transaction. Do your due diligence, make sure you're covered (PayPal G&S, for example) and of you go.

Minute track looks to me to be repainted, would be a hard pass for me.

Compare the short line at 1 minute to the long line at 19 minutes.

See also the line at 31 minutes which does not radiate from / point toward the center.

Minute track looks to me to be repainted, would be a hard pass for me.

Compare the short line at 1 minute to the long line at 19 minutes.

See also the line at 31 minutes which does not radiate from / point toward the center.
Just when you think you're getting the hang of this, something else crops up 🤦
I guess it's a question easier answered with the watch in hand, but that's an expensive mistake and not grounds for return as it's not advertised as original.
Think it might have to be a pass 🤔, thanks for your feedback 👍

It's a bargain at €550. Everything about the dial looks good to me.
Are you thinking the inconsistancies on the dial are more picture related?

I agree with @ConElPueblo - the tiniest scratches or reflections on the plexi might already have that effect, and also with the state of the dial someone might have attempted to clean it, causing a fraction of a minute tick to be gone for good. Personally, I'm not worried about originality and for 550€, I'd pull the trigger instantly and be happy about a few spare parts that are hard to come by. Now, if you even like the looks of the watch, which I assume you do since you're asking about it, why wait. There's no way you'll loose money on it, even if the movement stops working.

I don't see anything that seems inconsistent. My only issues (bar the patina, naturally) are the hour hand and the crown.

Thank you all for your considered feedback.

As I sit here today I have the feeling I have dodged a bullet and this was indeed too good to be true. Having agreed a price and postage, the seller insisted on bank transfer and was not interested in payment via Paypal. I explained I wanted the protection and even offered to pay his selling costs. As if I needed any further evidence of anything untoward, since I refused to bank transfer and offered Paypal the seller has been silent. Suffice to say I won't be forwarding him £450 in good faith that he will post as promised.
Maybe it's me been overly cautious but I don't know many rational people who would happily proceed on this basis.
If anyone is in Shepherds Bush and wants to pursue this face to face then I have provided the link below. I wish you luck but not with much optimism.
https://www.gumtree.com/p/mens-watc...stellation-watch-with-leather-band/1431438619