Forums Latest Members

Pictures of new DateJust 41

1. Martin_J_N Sep 6, 2019

Having read lots of posts on various forums about the lack of stock of Rolex SS Sport watches I had expected to have to wait a while for a SS Datejust 41, maybe not the years that some are having to wait but still expected a good wait.

Therefore I was very surprised to receive a call late this afternoon to say that my watch had arrived at the dealers and was I still interested in it.

Yes I was, and then came the disappointing bit, that's good I can only hold the watch for 24 hours for you, when I explained that I wasn't in the area tomorrow due to a pre arranged family visit many miles away the AD backed off and agreed that they would hold for 48 hours.

Very excited to be getting my first Rolex, it is a straight SS model with the white dial which for me is classical elegance, cannot wait, roll on Sunday.

2. Stufflers Mom Sep 6, 2019

Really happy for you, the DJ41 is a great watch.

Martin_J_N likes this.
  3. Bizcut1 Sep 7, 2019

Enjoy your new watch!

4. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Sep 7, 2019

I have the DJ 41 in white and blue . Love them both!! Congratulations!!

5. Martin_J_N Sep 8, 2019

Pictures to follow but here is an update on my first Rolex watch purchase.

Arrived at the AD this morning to collect the watch, walking past the window I noticed that there were 2 Oyster Perpetuals in the window, one in white and one in black both priced and for sale to the casual purchaser, my initial request had been for one of those but was told 6 months to get one.

Also in the window were 2 DateJust 41's one Silver dial and one Rhodium dial both with a smooth bezel and on Jubilee Bracelets.

The sales assistant had my DJ41 put to one side, I also asked to look at the two DJ's they had in the window as seeing 3 DJ41's in the flesh in one shop is I guess pretty rare.

Having looked at all three watches the Silver dial was dismissed as the effect was too weak for my tastes, it wasn't light or dark and just didn't work. That left the watch I had ordered, DJ41 with an Oyster bracelet, smooth bezel and white dial and the shop window DJ41 with a Jubilee bracelet, smooth bezel and Rhodium dial. The shop window watch won, just so much nicer the sunburst dial blew the plain white dial out of the water.

I didn't dislike the DJ I had ordered I simply preferred the one I saw in the window when I arrived at the shop, and this proves the benefit of being able to see a watch in the flesh.

Please don't misunderstand, if the shop had not had these watches in the window I would have been very happy with my original decision but seeing alternatives and holding the watches is a massive difference from looking at the watch on the Rolex website or on a YT video.

So, I am now the very proud owner of a Rolex DJ41, Jubilee Bracelet, Smooth Bezel and a Rhodium Dial, and I love it, with luck many happy years of wrist wearing to come.

6. Martin_J_N Sep 8, 2019

A boxed watch, sorry but enjoying youngest sons birthday so not a lot of time to photograph the new watch, anyway here is my gorgeous DJ41 on a Jubilee bracelet resting in its box.

Rolex DateJust 41.jpg

wiem0014, watchos, CJpickup57 and 3 others like this.
  7. Gprotein Sep 8, 2019

Congrats, very nice indeed. Personally I like the fluted bezel better. It reflects lights beautifully and matches very well with the jubilee bracket too

Martin_J_N likes this.
  8. Martin_J_N Sep 8, 2019

Yes, I think that a fluted bezel really adds to the watch but I couldn't afford the white gold bezel, toooo many pennies :(, but I am very very happy with my configuration. I can always get another DJ with the flutes at a later date :rolleyes:

9. stevec14 Sep 8, 2019

Congrats - I had the blue dial with that combo for a while also. Very nice watches the 41’s. Enjoy

Martin_J_N likes this.
  10. Martin_J_N Sep 8, 2019

Thank you

11. Dan S Sep 8, 2019

I'm sure you understand this, but just to clarify for other readers, DJ and OP references are not sport models, and there is not the shortage of these that one finds for Subs, GMTs, Explorers, and Daytonas. My local AD nearly always has OPs in stock, sometimes DJs, and even the occasional Milgauss.

Edited Sep 8, 2019
    WatchCor, Larry S and Martin_J_N like this.
  12. Stufflers Mom Sep 8, 2019

Just to also clarify for other readers Rolex do not make\sell "sports" watches.

13. Martin_J_N Sep 8, 2019

The DJ and OP are as you say not 'Sport' watches both come from Rolex's Classic range of watches, the other range of Rolex watches is classed as 'Professional', so many people have classed the Professional range as Sport watches I slipped into a bad habit, apologies.

Anyway, going on information from the AD and reading on various forums that DJ41 watches could not be ordered I had expected a delay and to have to wait a while for the watch, however 3 weeks from first discussion to collection I thought was pretty good.

14. JwRosenthal Sep 9, 2019

Congrats and glad you had the opportunity to see multiple examples and judge for yourself which ones suit your taste as opppesed to -you wait forever and you get what you get and you will thank us and pay full boat.

Seeing on your wrist is a must for me. I own a silver dialed vintage OPD that has that sunburst effect and love it. Bought a 90’s Airking online with silver dial and it just seemed lifeless in the flesh, silver on silver on silver. I ended up finding a period correct black sunburst dial and the difference is extraordinary- but I paid for not being able to see it in the person.

And for anyone interested- the non “professional” oyster cased watches historically has always been their “sport” watches, they were never marketed as dress watches. Rolex did and still does have a line of dress watches that are totally different.

ConElPueblo likes this.
  15. Martin_J_N Sep 11, 2019

Apologies for the delay but as promised some pictures of my new DateJust 41

hoitfyCRRna760Z6VyK0Dg.jpg KxE3hj3sQ%aWCijUESj4lg.jpg eG4aAWiTSnaU5xlAbK2m0Q.jpg MDjfPWHGTkuJ3oZah0EXHA.jpg Iptn+AJCSES5gdt39hTJOw.jpg

LemansBoiler and JwRosenthal like this.
  16. mhanson Sep 11, 2019

Very nice! I just picked up its cousin yesterday from my AD that happened to have it in stock. 2019-09-11 08.15.09.jpg

SeanO and Martin_J_N like this.
  17. Martin_J_N Sep 11, 2019

Just proves that they are out there, just need a bit of luck to be in the right place at the right time, lovely watch, enjoy and wear in good health

mhanson likes this.
  18. Bizcut1 Sep 27, 2019

She's a beauty! Congrats!

IMG_2584 3.jpg