Forums Latest Members

Pics not attaching? Anyone else having this issue?

1. timoss Apr 5, 2021

Trying to create a post with pics but pics won't attach? When I "preview" the post instead of the pic there is only a link that says "view attachment #####". If I click on the link, I get an error message. I've tried copy and paste, drag and drop, and "add photos" and no luck...

I've created many other posts with pics the same way and never had an issue so what am I doing wrong now?

2. DaveK Yoda of Yodelers Apr 5, 2021

I had a similar issue yesterday. I could “add” and “insert” two of the pics, but the third would not “add”. All pics were the same (taken with my iPhone). I was using Chrome

3. timoss Apr 5, 2021

I'm using firefox... did the issue fix itself or...?

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 5, 2021

Hi is this on desktop or phone for you? I’ll try to replicate the issue

5. timoss Apr 5, 2021

Update: even though the preview showed the pic not attaching, when I actually created the thread it did attach. So...?

THis was on a Mac laptop FYI...

6. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 5, 2021

Hmm interesting I’ll double check some things on our server side to ensure we’re not doing anything silly like caching requests related to that and try to get back to you this afternoon / this evening.

7. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 6, 2021

I haven’t been able to replicate this so far, not sure how its happening yet

8. timoss Apr 6, 2021

k thx. I haven't tried posting again since the original episode... we'll see what happens. Thx again...

9. jsducote Apr 7, 2021

I was having a bit of trouble yesterday attaching while composing (only option is URL - same behavior right now) but after posting I went back to edit and it gave me the option to upload (add photos button) and then insert.