Forums Latest Members
  1. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 12, 2012

Hey, anyone else noticed photobucket pics loading incredibly slowly recently, and slowness on the photobucket site? They're always the last thing to load on a page and sometimes take 30 seconds or more

2. ulackfocus Sep 12, 2012

I sure have. Had to leave their site and relog in once or twice to get one stinkin' picture.

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 12, 2012

Thinking at this point we should advise guys to upload photos here rather than use photoshop if its convenient.

4. Trev The Architect Staff Member Sep 12, 2012

I thought we already did? :)

Photobucket is absolute garbage for many reasons.

dsio likes this.
  5. kyle L Grasshopper Staff Member Sep 14, 2012

Always. :unsure: I prefer flickr, but you can only see the first 200 pictures you upload. After that you have to pay.

6. Trev The Architect Staff Member Sep 14, 2012

It's probably worth pointing out that we're hosting an unlimited number of photos here for every member, no storage or bandwidth limitations. This includes geo-redundant backups for everything too.

It's not nearly as versatile as a photo-sharing service, but at least your shots won't disappear like on Photobucket. :)

Privateday7 likes this.
  7. MyVintageOmega Sep 15, 2012

All my watch Images were browsed from my computer and directly uploaded to the forum and it's one stand firm reason I like it here. Point to note about photobucket is that it's clearly bogged down. You can add 20 tags to an image and 2 persons have viewed it 6 months later in most cases.

8. Eric Y Sep 18, 2012

Sure have dsio. I'm in the USA, east coast, near NYC. I have near 20 mb speed on everything else, but Photobucket. I tried 3 browsers. My main is Firefox. I installed Google Chrome thinking that would help. OK, Chrome was fast the 1st day that I installed it, which was on September 16, 2012. PB was loading very fast. Then everything went to crap over the next few days. I had compatibility issues with Chrome, I uninstalled it. I tried using IE, that didn't work either. I used Opera for about 5 years. I thought it was Opera that was acting up and making PB slow. Nope, PB's servers are probly POS. I can't get the photos to load and PB hangs in the process. Can't use the "view all" function either. I'm on a very fast cable line. It seems that PB is acting like it's on a dial-up connection. Something is clogging up their servers or there is a problem with their lines. Either way, it sucks. I searched Google on this. Seems that PB is/has been doing this since 2007, so it is NOT your connection, nor your computer. Annoying, isn't it?

When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty. -Thomas Jefferson

9. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 2, 2012

Photobucket is doing absolutely awfully at the moment again, if you can upload images, our wee little server may be tiny, but its a lot faster than PB right now.

10. alam Nov 2, 2012

I think is just a tactic to force you watch and replay Obama's campaign video.... grrrr

11. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 2, 2012

That reminds me, I have a $100 fine to pay next week for not voting in the last election here =\ Its mandatory in Australia, they actually fine you if you don't. Which I never do.

12. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Nov 3, 2012

Shame on you. Voting isn't a right, it is a responsibility.

13. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 3, 2012

I live in an area that is liberal held by a 30-40% margin at all 3 levels of government, and I had better stuff to do on the day. And the one they finally pinged me for was a council election, and neither side seem capable of filling the giant 2 meter wide pothole at the end of my street that's been there since 2007.

14. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Nov 3, 2012

Another reason to like this forum. Thanks :thumbsup:

15. alam Nov 5, 2012

Did you guys check out the new look of Photobucket? Maybe this was the reason for the poor performance last nite...

16. ulackfocus Nov 6, 2012

Seen it. I fear change. :p