Forums Latest Members

Photo of a 'spider dial' wanted for use in an online article

1. Teunan87 Jul 22, 2016

Hi everyone,

At the moment I'm writing an article about spider dials. Unfortunately, I don't have any own pictures and was wondering if anyone could help me with this :) Do you have a photo of a spider dial which may be used in the article? Please send me a PM for the details. Your name will be mentioned as credit line if wanted.

Thank you!

Regards,
    Teun

2. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Jul 22, 2016

3. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Jul 22, 2016

How about this one? It has a cool complication too!:)

image.jpeg

Lonestar, nlogax, Linzer and 5 others like this.
  4. Teunan87 Jul 22, 2016

5. Teunan87 Jul 22, 2016

6. aap Jul 22, 2016

Teunan87, RegF and SpeedTar like this.
  7. Teunan87 Jul 23, 2016

Ok guys, I've no more time to gather pictures. Thanks for your help!

Regards,
    Teun

8. djnussuk Jan 13, 2017

Hi Teun,

I realise this reply will be too late for the article, but I wanted to thank you. I just bought a1973 Omega Geneve Automatic with a beautiful and quite rare two tone green dial, more of a sunburst than two tone. The seller said it had a cracked effect which he obviously thought was part of the design. On receiving the watch I realised it wasn't part of the design as the cracking was not uniform. Interestingly despite the cracking being quite extensive it is actually very difficult to see and less you experiment with holding the watch under a light at different angles. I was not sure how I felt about the defect, but having read your article I now feel like I have quite a unique timepiece and do not feel like I've been ripped off. It looks great on the wrist and didn't cost a lot. I also found this on youtube
    . God is in the details! Please let me know if you would like pictures. Cheers. Danny

9. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jan 13, 2017

Please post pictures:)

10. djnussuk Jan 13, 2017

IMAG0849.jpg IMAG0850.jpg

Here it is. Looks awful in the first photo, but it was actually really difficult to pick up up the cracks. Generally looks like the second photo where you can't see anything!

Feli73 and Foo2rama like this.