Forums Latest Members

Photo of 19AS movement detail?

1. Patrick Dixon How do these messages get here? Oct 4, 2013

Has anyone got a nice photo of a 19AS movement particularly showing the springs on the winding mechanism? My one has what look like home made springs soldered onto the bridge. Even better if you know what the parts are called/numbered so I can try to track them down.

Thanks.

BTW I think there's an error in the excellent Longines sticky on automatic movements - 19AS has 17 jewels or 19 jewels for the later ones, not 18 as stated.

2. ulackfocus Oct 4, 2013

Gotta check to see if I have the breakdown of all that caliber's parts. I know I have the 43x series and maybe the 34x/35x series.

I'll look into that.

3. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Oct 4, 2013

Go to CousinsUK:

https://www.cousinsuk.com/

Set up a free account with a password and you should get access to their documents section. All the Longines 19 series movement tech sheets are there with the part numbers. Problem is that many parts are common to the whole series, some are not. Each sheet shows only those that are specific to that caliber.

The base caliber should be the 19A.

Hope this helps,
    gatorcpa

4. Patrick Dixon How do these messages get here? Oct 5, 2013

Thanks gator. I did that, but the base cal goes back to 8.68N and that's a sheet Cousins don't seem to have. Also the Longines sheets are not as clear (to me at least) as the JLC ones, so I'm struggling to figure out what's what.