Forums Latest Members

Photo and Video Report -Speedy Tuesday Event With Apollo 16 Astronaut Charlie Duke

1. Robert-Jan #SpeedyTuesday Jun 4, 2019

[​IMG]
    Last week our third Speedy Tuesday Event of this year took place in Frankfurt, Germany. Together with Omega, we organized a wonderful Speedmaster-filled event for about 45 people. With a very special guest: Apollo 16 astronaut Charlie Duke. If you haven’t seen the report of our Speedy Tuesday events in Biel (click here) or Milan […]

Visit Photo and Video Report -Speedy Tuesday Event With Apollo 16 Astronaut Charlie Duke to read the full article.

2. speedypants Jun 4, 2019

Excellent pictures and a great write up about the event @Robert-Jan
    Thanks in particular for covering the SS anniversary edition of the Moonwatch. I have one on order and I couldn’t be more excited to finally get it in July (hopefully) :)

Longbow and Robert-Jan like this.
  3. bdp Jun 4, 2019

Excellent coverage as always @Robert-Jan thanks :thumbsup:
    Can't wait to see the 50th in the flesh :)

Robert-Jan likes this.
  4. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Jun 4, 2019

Brigadier General Charlie Duke still going strong at almost 85 years... Here's my favorite Apollo 16 training photo showing Duke's NASA-issued Speedmaster sitting on the left glove of the A7LB spacesuit... For the J-missions, carrying a lunar vehicle, the spacesuits were extensively revised to allow longer EVA's
    Duke_MoonwatchUniverse.jpg

5. Inpw Jun 4, 2019

Looks like it was an awesome event. :thumbsup: So, steel 321 before the end of the year, huh? That's way sooner than I expected. This also means the PM version should be just around the corner.

Robert-Jan likes this.
  6. wouter van wijk Jun 4, 2019

Many thanks RJ. Great pictures from Bert. For sure I will check the video another time. Those stories from Charlie are really impressive. He really takes you back to the time of the Space Race. The whole event makes you also feel more connected to the Moonlanding story and aware of the importance and heritage of the Speedmaster. Many thanks once again, it was such a pleasure to be there and meet all those nice people. I am in for more GTG and Speedy Tuesdays!

Longbow, Robert-Jan and Aludic like this.
  7. jpjsavage Jun 4, 2019

Great stuff. Thanks for posting. I really enjoyed this.

Robert-Jan likes this.
  8. MalaMD Jun 4, 2019

That looks great, is there any chance of a UK event?

Robert-Jan likes this.
  9. Aludic @SpeedyBirthYear Jun 4, 2019

Hear hear! I can only concur, fully!

In addition, I think it is very noteworthy to see a very diverse group mingle over their passion for watches. A few different generations, from enthusiasts owning one pride and joy Speedy up to very enthusiastic collectors and a few ladies too... A wonderful experience!

Longbow and Robert-Jan like this.
  10. Robert-Jan #SpeedyTuesday Jun 4, 2019

Not this year, we’re quite booked. We had a number of people from the UK coming to the Milan and Frankfurt event though.

Bp1000 likes this.
  11. Bp1000 Jun 4, 2019

Watched this with my morning coffee. Love the content.

Hope to have a UK event in the future.

12. MalaMD Jun 5, 2019

That's a shame but totally understandable, maybe next year then!

13. Speedmasterfan88 Jun 5, 2019

Thanks @Robert-Jan and the whole Fratello Team and Omega for hosting the event! Great pictures and coverage! Meeting Mr. Duke was an honor, same goes for meeting so many enthusiasts and finally getting to know some of the persons behind the usernames.

And let’s not forget about the watches, many so rare I never thought I would hold one in hand some day.

With much appreciation,

Max

Robert-Jan likes this.
  14. jpjsavage Jun 5, 2019

Another vote for an event in the UK. I know we are not the flavour of the month in Europe at the moment but we love our watches over here!

Robert-Jan likes this.