Forums Latest Members

Photo and Video Report – Speedy Tuesday Event in Milan

1. Robert-Jan #SpeedyTuesday May 28, 2019

[​IMG]
    Last week we visited Milan where we held our second Speedy Tuesday event this year (and more to come). In this article, you will find some impressions of that day. If you’re new to Speedy Tuesday and wonder what it is about, please visit this introduction page on the topic. If you are already familiar, […]

Visit Photo and Video Report – Speedy Tuesday Event in Milan to read the full article.

superfly, Omega-Q, artek and 5 others like this.
  2. larryganz The cable guy May 28, 2019

That sounds like it was a really fun event.

Robert-Jan likes this.
  3. Bp1000 May 28, 2019

Love the content you put out on the speedy. I'd love to attend one of these in the UK, but for now i shall enjoy reading about the other events!

Robert-Jan likes this.
  4. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe May 28, 2019

At 13:06 in the video there's a product demonstration part about the 50th A11 Speedmaster and again Omega didn't seem to get things right !
    The photo shown is photo AS11-40-5868 showing Buzz Aldrin near the foot of the ladder while NASA photo AS11-40-5866 , showing Buzz Aldrin at the top of the ladder, was used in the 9 o'clock subdial of the 50th Apollo 11 " Metal Magic " Speedmaster ...
    Can't be that difficult to use the correct photo !? ::facepalm2::
    11_Omega.jpg

artek, ICONO and AntonisCy like this.
  5. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE May 28, 2019

What a stunning event, and such a priviledge to attend... thanks again to the Fratello and the Omega teams for making such amazing events exist at all.

Paul

Robert-Jan likes this.
  6. Omega-Q May 28, 2019

Thanks for sharing! I hope to be able to attend one of these events! I really appreciated the photos and video as well. More details on the new 50th TT. :)

Robert-Jan likes this.
  7. jpjsavage May 28, 2019

Great stuff. More great reporting from Fratello! Keep up the good work please.

Robert-Jan likes this.
  8. MalaMD May 29, 2019

That looks great, thanks for sharing. I do hope that there is a UK event at some point in the future!

Robert-Jan likes this.
  9. Robert-Jan #SpeedyTuesday May 29, 2019

But the event was a lot of fun though. It amazes me that this is your response to a full day event filled with happy people and great watches.

STANDY, Evitzee, Lonestar and 2 others like this.
  10. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe May 29, 2019

Great watches indeed, especially the Gold Apollo 11 tribute Speedmaster which was bang on what everyone expected... and more !
    No doubt both Fratello - Omega events in Milan and Frankfurt were well-organised and enjoyed by the #SpeedyTuesday community...
    I've watched all the videos and it was a great initiative to bring the community together and have former astronauts available on both locations.
    However these little mistakes made by Omega (e.g. forum mentioned the timing on the watch box) could be easily avoided as it's clear which photo was their inspiration for the 9 o'clock dial and the timing of the most important/historic aerospace event of the 20th century has been well-documented. I honestly believe these inaccuracies disappointed die-hard spaceflight fans...

11. Atalien2005 May 29, 2019

@Robert-Jan in the article you mentioned that you had to make a selection of about 40 persons. Can you please divulge what the selection criteria were?

I initially assumed that it was a first come (sign-up) first serve basis, but from you article that appears to be incorrect. Thanks in advance!

12. Robert-Jan #SpeedyTuesday May 29, 2019

Hi,

Yes, first come first serve. But, Omega IT also invited a few of their clients. Also, some people did not respond and there are those who cancelled (some even a day in advance) and then the puzzle begins. It is quite a bit of work as we want to be certain that people show up. We count on them for the lunch, diner, give-aways etc. in the end, I think we still had some no-shows in Milan. Yesterday in Frankfurt we only had few cancels in advance (and then the puzzle starts again) and finally 0 noshows (I think, but today I was too tired to do a crosscheck). Hope this gives some insights.

RJ

Atalien2005 and Lonestar like this.
  13. Atalien2005 May 29, 2019

Thank you for the clarification.