Personal Insights—Omega Bond Watch No Time To Die (NTTD)

While waiting for my Snoopy, I got quite the itch to get a new watch. After tons of research, I walked into my OB to get a specific watch (the World Timer). Beautiful watch, but the associate asked if I’d seen the new James Bond. I hadn’t. I was immediately “wowed”. Tried it on, loved it. Went home and read reviews, thoughts, etc. Loved the review by Hodinkee and Fratello (two of my favorites).

Next day, I bought it.

Now my thoughts on my new watch:

The lightness is remarkable. Hardly notice that I’m wearing it. Fits very well underneath a dress shirt sleeve.

It fits so well on the wrist. Probably molds to the top of my wrist better than any of my other watches.

The titanium bracelet is extremely well made. I’ve had a Milanese before, but not of this build quality, stability, or comfort. I do believe that smaller wrists might have a challenge with it. Also, it’s a little surprising how thick it is at the clasp. I was a little worried it wouldn’t fit well beneath a cuff, but it does just fine. It does scratch easily though (especially at the clasp).

The watch itself is very well balanced. I like the tropical color (don’t have anything like this in my collection). I like the color of the lume…I get that some people don’t like fauxtina, but this seems different with the dial and bezel color. It just seems to match. And anyway, who decided all lume should be white? I like that Omega pushes some conventional wisdom. Kind of like a piece of art…I like Impressionism and pointillism…not everyone else does and that’s just fine.

It definitely changes color based on the light. I see browns to black and even a little gray at times. At times, the bezel is brown and the dial is black. It all just works.

When all the lume is lit up, it’s crazy bright. This thing is a lume monster.

For me, it’s easy to turn the bezel when off the wrist, but a little bit more difficult when on the wrist. Not sure why.

I also bought the NATO strap but I haven’t tried it yet. If you want both, better (strangely) to buy the NATO strap version and then buy the bracelet. Saves $150.

Regarding the price…yes, it’s more than a SMP and titanium isn’t that much more expensive. It’s apparently more difficult to work with, and the bracelet probably costs more than an average bracelet, but not that much more. The value of an item is different for each of us (I mean look at paying $40,000 for a Daytona) and to me, the value of this watch is squarely within the price being asked.

If you haven’t seen it, and better yet tried it on, you might really enjoy the trip to an AD or OB to check it out.

Great write-up, congrats on the pick up!

Love mine, you put the nail on the head as for the reasons whyץ

IMG_20210706_185635.jpg

I have this watch too and no regret. I have smaller wrist so the bracelet didn’t fit so well but it didn’t bother me.

I have this watch too and no regret. I have smaller wrist so the bracelet didn’t fit so well but it didn’t bother me.
If you decide to unload the bracelet, please hit me up. I got mine on a NATO

It's a very good looking watch. I surprised they had it in the OB, I thought this is a hard to get one watch
Good you pulled the trigger on this

Thanks for the write-up and congrats on the pickup, OP. This is probably my favourite Seamaster variant at the moment and I've def thought about picking one up, especially as my dealer has one in stock at the moment, although the price here is a hefty CAD 12,500. The tropic dial is a beauty for sure and I love titanium divers.
Edited:

Congrats!
Any wrist shots? Would it fit on a smaller wrist? I've been contemplating about getting one but the size of the watch and clasp kinda making me skeptical.