Forums Latest Members

Perhaps I should have come here to seek advice prior to listing on e-Bay

1. p147 Feb 5, 2016

First of all hello to all,
    I was not sure whether to post here to say hi to all (Could not find a sticky for new members but never mind), Again if mods need to move this thread to another section then please do so.
    Not sure how long this site has been going but never came across it a couple of years ago but I wish I had done as I have had a number of omegas I wanted information on but have now sold.
    As title states I have put my vintage or antique watch on the auction site and then not knowing much perhaps I should have come here first, So any info on my watch or whether or not I am asking to much for it perhaps all you learned people can advice.
    I have never seen a watch like mine before so if anyone is interested I have attached some photos so again any comments welcome.
    Regards
    P147

2. ConElPueblo Feb 5, 2016

Hi there.

You probably need to re-attach them, seems like they've fallen off ;)

You could also just link to the auction.

3. p147 Feb 5, 2016

Whoops!
    Not sure if photos attached hope they are now, if not let me know.
    Thanks.
    Is this correct?

Links as follows:- http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201514350109?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

or
    eBay item number:

4. ConElPueblo Feb 5, 2016

There are a few people on here who are very well versed in pre-war pieces, surely one of them will chime in soon.
    My best guess is that it hasn't got the value you've put it at, but the only way to establish it would be to run a no-reserve auction ;)

This chart places the watch at around 1929.

Good looking watch - how come you don't allow PayPal for overseas buyers? I didn't even know that was possible.

5. p147 Feb 5, 2016

Thank you for your advice and I have now reviewed and amended the add so hopefully to open up more to overseas buyers.
    Good thing I came on here :)