Forums Latest Members

Pending Purchase Choices (Here We Go Again haha)

1. aesguerra Jan 22, 2017

It's been almost two years since my 3366.51 found its way onto my wrist. After six months of saving, expanding my Omega lineup is just around the corner. :)

And as usual, there's a choice to be made. Haha. If you're weary of them, please forgive this newest poll.

IMG_1829.JPG

It's always bugged me on a minor'ish level that I don't own a Plain Jane Speedmaster. The 3366.51 is an outstanding representative of the model, and I love it to death! Still, the thought of a Moon Speedy, as it's supposed to be, is attractive.

Countering that is a desire to truly expand the collection by going with a completely different model. The Seamaster Diver 300 is just as iconic an Omega as the Speedmaster, and it doesn't hurt that it looks great both on and off my wrist. :D

Those are the choices, folks. The ones that are pictured here are precisely the ones I'm considering (with a small chance I'd choose a used Bond Seamaster 2551.80 that I saw on the boards). Note: If I chose the Speedmaster, it's leather strap would be swapped out onto my 3366.51, with the 849 metal bracelet taking its place.

What say ye? ;)

Thanks,

Alex

Edited Jan 22, 2017
    Riviera Paradise likes this.
  2. Zuke Jan 22, 2017

+1 for the Speedmaster

It's timeless - no pun intended

Jwit, aesguerra and marcn like this.
  3. tyrantlizardrex Jan 22, 2017

Which one do you want to own most?

If both... which one do you want to own first.

If one, which fits with when and where you'll wear it.

This isn't really a choice for other people to make.... :rolleyes:

On a side note, please don't ask us to help you choose which shoes to buy... you'll end up with something in patent dayglow lizard skin, with spurs, in the wrong size, at 10 times your budget. :whistling:

4. aesguerra Jan 22, 2017

Oh obviously. But insights are good, hence the reach out. ;)

As for shoes, I've noted that you are the LAST person I'll take shoe shopping with me. :D

5. Rodmar Jan 22, 2017

Man it's a hard choice as I'm in the same boat between a Planet Ocean or a speedmaster. Can't decide, want both and I cant(more like shouldn't) buy both right now.

I'd say the 300 but that's because I had the same choice you did recently in a sense and went with the Seamaster. But that's all choice and I love Bond. I mean I don't love him(the character), I just like him a lot haha.

Is getting both a possibility?

6. deryk527 Jan 22, 2017

Can't go wrong with a Seamaster

aesguerra likes this.
  7. aesguerra Jan 22, 2017

Yeah. It's a total pain! Although I could argue that it's pleasant pain too. Honestly, how bad is it to have to debate over what OMEGA to buy? ;)

As for getting both... I GUESS eating every day could be considered overrated. :D

Rodmar likes this.
  8. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 22, 2017

I'd get the Seamaster, you've already got one Speedmaster but you don't have a proper high water resistance diver which compliments the Moonwatch quite well, the ceramic bezel and domed sapphire are also great for taking bumps without showing wear which a hesalite Speedy won't do as well.

Rodmar and aesguerra like this.
  9. Jhh834 Really, I only owned it for 2 weeks! Jan 22, 2017

I vote speedy. I have an older model SMP 300 and it doesn't do much for me. The bezel is kind of hard to turn bc of its shape, I find the helium valve odd looking, and it is difficult to find straps that look good on it. My dad gave it to me and that is probably the only reason I still have it.

The speedy seems like it would be more versatile to me.

10. alam Jan 23, 2017

if you don't have a blue-dial watch in your rotation, then the Seamaster gets my vote..

11. Greatpa Jan 23, 2017

For the sake of a more diverse collection, my vote goes to the Seamaster.
    1. If you want to spice up the wrist some days, the Seamaster would fit your collection better compared to just another Speedmaster.
    2. You can ALWAYS get a speedy pro (yes I know the same goes for a Seasmaster :rolleyes:).
    3. If you plan on bringing your watch to a more harsh environment the Seamaster would be a better choice.

12. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Jan 23, 2017

Wetter probably....but not harsher......
    I couldnt think harsher environment than surface of the moon

Tubber likes this.
  13. Greatpa Jan 23, 2017

Pardon my english..

Privateday7 likes this.
  14. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Jan 23, 2017

You have a speedy, get the seamaster which is an extremely iconic and original design and wears as a perfect beater that you really don't have to think about.

15. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Jan 23, 2017

Just joking.........english is my second language,too.

I also use my Seamaster in more rugged environment, for different reasons.

Greatpa likes this.