Forums Latest Members
  1. jblau Apr 12, 2017

Anyone else having crazy issues.

Now they are holding 1500 as a set fee then 20% of all transactions for 90 days. How can this be legal, im sure they are earning interest on that money for 90 days. Crazy how with all the fees you cant even sell on ebay and paypal anymore

2. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Apr 12, 2017

Say what? Not for normal customers...

ffej4 likes this.
  3. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Apr 12, 2017

I heartily loathe paypal, but haven't heard of this.

4. semper_shells Apr 12, 2017

That is why I avoid selling on Ebay at all costs. I usually go to Amazon first. I have a watch that I want to sell but I am waiting to hit the 200 mark to sell it on here instead of giving my money to the Ebay/PayPal machine.

jblau likes this.
  5. jblau Apr 12, 2017

Yea its for guys who sell alot.

6. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Apr 12, 2017

Provide a source, please. I do not believe that they would penalize their most valuable customers in that way. Unless you are conflating eBay and Paypal, as I am talking only about the latter.

7. ffej4 Survey Man Apr 12, 2017

Interesting. I would also like to see a source of some sort. For me, it's still the typical 2.9% fee, and family & friends transfers are free. Two years ago, between buying and selling I had around $60,000 of transactions never ran into anything weird... Maybe they've changed it.

Rodmar likes this.
  8. jblau Apr 12, 2017

Dont have a source for you other than my account and what also others have said. its for a business account.

9. jblau Apr 12, 2017

This is some new thing they just rolled out for specific items like jewelry and watches since they split from ebay.

10. ffej4 Survey Man Apr 12, 2017

@jblau I'm trying to find what you speak of, but am unable to locate any word of it on PayPal's official fee list. Granted it is for merchants. You say this is for individual sellers without a business/merchants account?

11. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Apr 12, 2017

They are not a bank so they are not restricted by the laws that control banks.

PayPal pulls stuff like this seemingly at random. I've been dealing with them for over a decade for work. I had them put 5 million on indefinite hold as they thought we where online gambling, we even had Visa telling them we where not. This happened 3 times in 2 years.

kov and jblau like this.
  12. tjoy89 Apr 12, 2017

I've heard of this happening to some accounts but it thankfully has not happened to me yet. Paypal continues to get worse and worse to use as a seller and rather than a convenient payment processor it has turned into a legitimate liability that likes to play banker when they see fit yet their rules and policies are never enforced consistently. Unfortunately currently they are still a "necessary evil" but as soon as I can never give them another dime I will jump at the opportunity. Google wallet's new no fee Gmail payment option looks nice but the lack of protection will scare a chunk of people off.

jblau, ffej4 and Foo2rama like this.
  13. WatchVaultNYC Apr 12, 2017

could be suspicious account activity..

14. adi4 Apr 12, 2017

I would like to do the same, but unfortunately you will lose out on a good chunk of buyers who want some sort of buyer protection. The more slimey actions they take though, the more I consider whether it's worth the risk for the increased pool of buyers. At some point, the trade-off will simply be too high.

jblau likes this.
  15. nurseford25 Apr 12, 2017

my paypal is still the same as always, 2.9 percent and no holds on any transactions.

jblau likes this.
  16. jblau Apr 13, 2017

Its for a merchant account, not sure if its happening to everyone but it just happened to me with no weird activity at all.

17. jblau Apr 13, 2017

Could be but i have never had a charge back so not sure. Returns sure but no charge back.

18. BillLundberg Apr 14, 2017

I have both a business and a personal PayPal accounts, I don't use my business account anymore, so many fees and different rules than personal accounts, or so it seemed at the time.

When I bought my seamaster The seller suggested I use the family and friends side of PayPal to avoid fees, but I chose to pay the fees, I asked him for an invoice, and had that extra layer of protection since the buyer is the king with PayPal per se .

Hope everything works out for you mate

jblau likes this.
  19. OmegaLover Omega, please be my Valentine! Apr 15, 2017

Sounds like new department formed at Paypal. Risk assessment for existing active sellers. In basic terms member profiling. I know a seller that put $40k in reserve with Paypal or lose your account. Specific category etc its just an excuse so that seller would not feel targeted.

jblau likes this.