Forums Latest Members

Paypal Protection over counterfeit goods - Does it work?

1. Just Livin Jun 20, 2016

I was curious to know if anyone has successfully dealt with Paypal in order to reclaim their funds when purchasing a watch that proved to be counterfeit.

Thankfully I am not in the position of needing to rely on the 'claimed' benefits of the service. But, it would be nice to know from a 'piece of mind' perspective that PayPal does provide and honour the refund cover over counterfeit goods.

Granted there is a large amount of due diligence required on the part of the buyer to ensure that he isn't being set up for a sting. Goes without saying.

I was just more curious to know if the service works?

2. Perrier Jun 20, 2016

I would also like to know if PayPal protects you from people exaggerating how good their watch is. I have bought plenty of watches where the seller described them as flawless, perfect, etc., only to receive a watch which is far from flawless or perfect.

Just Livin likes this.
  3. Mr Bing Jun 20, 2016

Nine times out of ten PayPal is on the side of the buyer which from the consumers point is a good thing. From an honest sellers perspective it can also be a pain in the ass when someone changes their mind etc.

PayPal are a law unto themselves.

littlesheep81 likes this.
  4. WatchVaultNYC Jun 20, 2016

Was it over Ebay? I successfully won a counterfeit claim, scam seller was dragged screaming against his will for a refund.

And when I say counterfeit, I mean fake watch. No experience with frankens that claim to be vintage etc. Probably harder to fight.