Forums Latest Members

Patek certificate of authenticity

1. justwatching Jan 5, 2016

does patek issue a certificate of authenticity like this one aside from the extract or archives? Im being offered this watch. What do u guys think? The watch only includes this certificate and nothing else.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
  2. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Jan 5, 2016

3. justwatching Jan 5, 2016

Yes i know about the extract of archives but first time i saw this certificate of authenticity. Maybe this is included when u buy the watch from the dealer?

4. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Jan 5, 2016

May have come with the watch. I bought a PP new that had a similar certificate, but was of a different style, which I'm sure has changed over time.

Real or not, it is not a guarantee of originality.

5. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices Jan 8, 2016

Having owned a "few" Pateks over the years I have had them with either a CoA or an Extract, never both. The CoA is what originally came with the watch and an Extract is what you order from Patek to verify that your watch and it's serial number is a watch they produced. Without exception the CoA is much preferred.
    P6070005.JPG
    100_0714.JPG

Darlinboy likes this.
  6. ELV web Jan 9, 2016

The watch and COA looks fine to me, I like the enamel dial better though :p

7. justwatching Jan 9, 2016

The COA does seem legit but it seems weird that the address of the dealer was left blank? And at the bottom of the COA it says that its only valid if the address is filled up.

8. justwatching Jan 9, 2016

And why is there a smudge on the date purchased. Or maybe im just being paranoid. But then again this watch is in china which is the motherland of counterfeit goods