Forums Latest Members

WTB Parts for Constellation 168.029

1. waterproofpt Jul 14, 2017

Hello all ...
    This is just a shot in the dark, but ... you just never know what some folks might have lurking in their 'parts bin'.
    I'm working on a project to rebuild a Connie cal 751 ref 168.029 C-case.
    We have the movement, dial and case .... all in great condition. And a correct crown and crystal is coming.
    But I'm unsure of the hands and there is no second hand. . Most I have seen have a section of lume on them with black. These are all black. I have seen these hands on a cal 564 C-case .. so not sure if they are correct for this ref though. So if anyone can venture an opinion on the hands it would be great.

Ultimately I think I'm looking for a full handset of correct match.

And of course you can see there is no "Omega" raised logo under the symbol. That's an even longer shot ... but maybe someone has a trashed dial with this on it.

The search is half the fun.
    Cheers
    Paul

IMG_3795 - 2017-07-13 at 16-38-43.jpg

2. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Jul 14, 2017

Your all black stick hands are correct for this no lume dial.

tyrantlizardrex likes this.
  3. No Mercy Jul 14, 2017

Your dial & hands look correct, just need the raised Omega logo.

4. waterproofpt Jul 14, 2017

Much appreciate the input @X350 XJR and @No Mercy

Ah .. so that explains why I've seen some with the black only hands. Makes sense now.

That helps narrow the search down to the second hand.
    The raised logo is going to be a challenge. Hence hoping to find a trashed dial .. with a nice logo ... hmmmm

As I mentioned, already sourced a gen crystal and crown. Will get serviced ... and should be nice.

5. waterproofpt Jul 14, 2017

The ones I've seen with black baton hands seem to have a silver sweep hand ... like this one (not exactly same dial) but a cal 751 no lume one with black hands nonetheless. . . Is the silver sweep also correct? i might have seen them with black sweep too ...but the lighting in the photos is difficult .. sometimes silver reflects black ... so I'm not convinced either way.

FullSizeRender 9.jpg

Ofrei has black sweep hands but not silver. So if anyone has one they can sell me ... I'd gladly take the hand off your hands.