Forums Latest Members
  1. river9 Jul 2, 2019

Hi valuable OF members
    Could you comment on conditions of an other C case Constellation. I think case is a bit polished but crown seems correct.
    Btw I will ask seller for ref number when I am confirmed by your observation on watch conditions.
    This one is very nice to my untrained eyes and am really attracted.
    Thank you very much in advance

606D9A58-4370-4DF7-A4EC-34D2F455DE01.jpeg A887061A-F4F3-4D7D-B04B-16184F82C62C.jpeg
  2. WYO_Watch Jul 2, 2019

I always thought if the dial didn’t have lume, then the hands shouldn’t either? Happy to be proven wrong.

3. michael22 Jul 3, 2019

I don't think it is a genuine omega dial or hands.

Edit. I withdraw this statement. Originally I couldn't see wavy edges on the date window, but on blowing it up, they are there.

Edited Jul 3, 2019
    river9 likes this.
  4. omegastar Jul 3, 2019

I think it is the other way around.
    If the dial has lume, then the hands should have lume.

Foo2rama and river9 like this.
  5. aprax Jul 3, 2019

The dial is missing its lume plots. Should look like this:

IMG_1127 - Kopie.jpg

river9 and omegastar like this.
  6. Speedmasterfan88 Jul 3, 2019

The print looks good to my eyes, it passes the MOY test too.
    All hour markers and minute markers are aligned properly ( thats one of the most common mistakes on redialed watches I see). Swiss Made without T- -T marks for tritium is acceptable for this model.

I'm not sure if the lume pips at the hour markers are missing, or if this dial never had lume plots.

I think that, if it had lume plots, we would see little marks of discoloration or wear where they should have been. Like on @aprax 's dial, at 8 for example, where the plot started to flake off a bit.
    Not sure if they can be removed without leaving any trace on the dial.

That said, to my understanding Omega never bothered with the alignment of the Omega logo on the crystal.
    OP's watch has it's Omega Logo perfectly adjusted, could be coincidence, could be somone opened/serviced/altered parts of this watch in the past.

Cheers,

Max

river9 likes this.
  7. padders Oooo subtitles! Jul 3, 2019

If the dial never had lume then the hands have deffo been replaced. As noted above, Omega never did either/or, with lume it was always both. Or more likely the lume was removed and it started off looking like aprax’s One way or other it’s had a fair bit of work.

river9 likes this.
  8. river9 Jul 3, 2019

Thanks everyone for prompt reply.
    I had had some suspicion concerning missing lume dots since to me it COULD be Omega intentional design. Actually large minute and hour hands (and consequently bigger quantity of lume material) to me at least - would be sufficient if you hold the watch in RIGHT ORIENTATION (I should be able to guess the time with large hands no need of lumed markers). But as you all stated above, I recognize dial which I posted photos does't seem ligit nor "coherent" either (IE. this is a redial).
    Regarding linen texture on dial.
    Edit: I state differently my question hoping is would be clearer
    If I assume that this is a redialed, so linen texture here couldn’t be is neither legit? Or can I hope that the redialer keep the original painted imprint with linen texture and simply added wordings and minute tracks? What do you think?
    Thanks

Edited Jul 3, 2019
  9. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jul 3, 2019

Per Omega Work instruction 14, Quality Service Criteria, under section 2.16 it covers what hands are allowed to be placed on what dial in terms of luminous material. Under that section it says the following:

1/ Hands with tritium
    Can be applied to:
    Dials with tritium
    Dials without luminous material

2/ Hands with Super-LumiNova
    Can be applied to:
    All dials

3/ Hands without luminescent material
    Can be applied to:
    Dials without luminescent material

Cheers, Al

river9, Als 27, WYO_Watch and 4 others like this.
  10. michael22 Jul 3, 2019

Hi Al.
    Do these instructions apply to watches being made in the factory, or just at service time?

11. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jul 3, 2019

These are related to service. Knowing Omega I doubt that they would let you mix and match parts at service - that's not how Omega does things.

Als 27 and michael22 like this.