Forums Latest Members

Parcel pro alternative for international shipping

1. omegaaddict Mar 6, 2017

I live in Dubai and occasionally have the need to send watches internationally abroad.

A few months ago I went through the pain of contacting Parcel Probabout whether I can use their services.
    Initially I was told that they would be able to insure my watches shipped from Dubai. After going through the process of obtaining the references and filling the form, I was told that they would in face only cover shipments within the UAE.

Therefore I'm wondering if the knowledgeable folk on OF are able to recommend an alternative to Parcel Pro? Particularly one that would deal with me as a private individual as opposed to a company.

Thanks in advance!

2. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Mar 6, 2017

Are you selling or sending for service.

3. omegaaddict Mar 6, 2017

Both

4. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Mar 6, 2017

Did they tell you why they would only allow it's use for shipments within Dubai? Did you tell them you would be shipping internationally when you applied?

I have certainly shipped to Dubai using them...

5. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Mar 6, 2017

They use FedEx! That response makes no sense.

6. omegaaddict Mar 6, 2017

Yes shipping to Dubai from the US is no issue.

I did make it clear from the get go that it would be to ship to the US, UK and possibly other countries.

I was only told after I submitted my application that I would be complicated to allow that and that I can only ship within the UAE.

Unfortunately Parcel pro customer service stopped responding to my enquiries despite following up with them several times so I'm left with my hands empty

7. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Mar 6, 2017

Well, I'm not in the US...but anyway my account will let me ship to a large number of countries, so it's unclear to me why they would place such a restriction. I would call them on the phone and get an answer, but that's just me...

8. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Mar 6, 2017

Well they are in the business of insured shipment. Wonder if there are actuarial issues shipping watches from Dubai.

9. omegaaddict Mar 6, 2017

Good idea. Though in general I'm not pleased with their level of service so would rather give my money to someone else

10. omegaaddict Mar 7, 2017

Kind of bumping this to see if there's any other opinions.

I saw a sales post on here where the seller said they used Intex to insure shipments. This seller was based out of Europe but a google search was not very revealing (did find an intex that did insurance but nothing to do with shipping)

11. mbeast Mar 8, 2017

I am very interested in options for this also.

I need to send a watch away for servicing but I can't find anyone in the UK who'll cover an item in transit worth more than £5,000. I applied to Parcel Pro but was turned down as they are 'currently not able to offer insurances for individual persons and unfortunately we will not be able in the near future.'

12. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Mar 8, 2017

I'm afraid I'm no help either
    I used to use whoever the company used as a courier to ship my Connies back to the UK from Dubai for service
    FedEx was the best courier I found for shipping watches into Dubai when buying