Forums Latest Members
  1. manish Nov 25, 2012

Hi guys ,anybody here collect omega miltary watches?
    manish

omega www.JPG

Privateday7 likes this.
  2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 25, 2012

Not myself but we certainly have some Raf53 owners on here

manish likes this.
  3. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Nov 25, 2012

Hi manish
    Stunning watches. I'm interested in military watches, 30T2s and other early calibers like the 23.4 and 26.5 but I really don't know anywhere near enough about them - how to spot redials etc. the military watches seem to be a major target of fakes/redials so I'm always unsure about taking the plunge. Is there a good blog/website (like Desmond's in constellations) that will help me learn?
    Daniel

4. manish Nov 25, 2012

Thanks,there is grt website broadarrow.net for mililtary watches,you can learn a lot about miltary watches there.

5. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Nov 25, 2012

Big fan of the omega RAF '53 - it's the only military omega that I collect.

6. manish Nov 25, 2012

Omega 53 is a great watch ,specially love thin arrow.Unfortunately its very tough to find 53 here in India,though i had seen plenty of wwws here.

7. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 25, 2012

Nice looking pair, hard to find in good condition :thumbsup:

manish likes this.
  8. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Nov 25, 2012

That's probably because the www was released when India was still a British colony and the RAF was released several years after India was partitioned and gained independence in 1947.

9. manish Nov 25, 2012

Correct !!

10. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Nov 25, 2012

Manish
    I'm sure we would welcome your input on the Recommended EBay Thread if you find good military omegas on the bay

manish likes this.
  11. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Nov 25, 2012

And we are also looking forward to your sharing more pictures of vintage omegas from your collection.

12. NiklasARvid Nov 26, 2012

I owned these two babies last year!

One HS8 (Royal Navy Air) one 6B/159 (RAF), I thought they were a good introduction to mil watches for me, ref 2292 was only made for UK Airmen, and not much faked.

These have non-stainless steel cases with fixed lugs, my two examples probably had british painted dials,

Very cool and affordable, but in the end the old alloy cases felt a bit fragile for daily wear (which is what I do), one had cracks around the lug holes, so I sold them both...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

orig order to Omega:
    [​IMG]

this is what an omega painted dial looks like
    [​IMG]

thanks for looking
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

dsio likes this.
  13. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 26, 2012

Now that is rather cool, great pair and I love the history!

14. manish Nov 26, 2012

yes due to there fragile cases they were later recased in a rather strong steel case by MOD in 56,the last ad in your picts shows a omega 56.

15. NiklasARvid Nov 26, 2012

thx, you often see them with shortened lugs and retrofitted springbars, these long (non SS) lugs were probably a bit fragile.

But I think these watches truly helped the Allied win the WWII, very readable AND only 34mm wide and not too high, compare these sleek creatures to the Hanharts/Glashüttes of the time... I mean... imagine bumping around inside an ME 109 in a dogfight with one of those beasts strapped to your wrists... the risk of getting caught or distracted... compared to one of these beauties...
    Omega/RAF - Glashütte/LW
    1 - 0... ...and the guys who got killeb because of the monsters on the wrist didn't return to tell....

manish likes this.
  16. agee Jan 1, 2013

I am also a military watch collector and I have a few Omegas in my collection. I just acquired a 1944 US Army stamped watch case #2179 all original in awesome condition.
    I had been searching for this watch for quite a while
    Manish I love your pair of Omegas- I just love the look and the history of those military watches-what stories they could tell
    Regarding the hanhart I have one now that belongs to a friend of mine who wants to sell it. Unfortunately it is missing quite a few parts and is cased in a Russian made case, but it has a nice dial. It would be a parts/project watch
    my British Omega WWII is off for repairs as it is running quite fast. My repair friend is looking for a balance staff for it-he thinks that may be the problem

17. MacRulez4Ever Jan 1, 2013

Here are my www

[​IMG]

18. agee Jan 1, 2013

Awesome collection, congrats!

19. MacRulez4Ever Jan 2, 2013

Tnx ;)