Forums Latest Members
  1. OMGRLX a RolexBear in disguise Jun 26, 2017

anyone from the mid-atlantic/east coast, US region interested in getting together and talking about/staring at watches? no agenda, no timetable, no sponsors, just regular people crazy about watches yakking it up... :)

i'm in philly/PA. just chatted with @ATWG who is in MD. anyone else?

i'm super happy to offer my spacious backyard in philly (fishtown neighborhood) as the location. lots of street parking, my house is covered with security cameras that live feed to philly pd, firehouse is next door, police car always on patrol around the block, i'm licensed to conceal carry, so it should end up being reasonably safe, etc etc.

Edited Jun 27, 2017
  2. SeanO Jun 26, 2017

alphabet soup on the menu?

Jwit likes this.
  3. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Jun 27, 2017

I'm in northern Virginia. Not sure I can make it to PA unless it is scheduled along with a family trip to visit my sister's family, as my wife teaches on Saturday and Sunday mornings, and I am trying to keep our 4 year old from knocking down the house.

OMGRLX likes this.
  4. alam Jun 27, 2017

I'm ~an hour away from PHL, depending on date I could play..

OMGRLX likes this.
  5. OMGRLX a RolexBear in disguise Jun 27, 2017

hahaha! my 2-year-old is doing the same over here. imagine if we got them together... :D :eek:

6. OMGRLX a RolexBear in disguise Jun 27, 2017

you're welcome to come visit and say hi anytime. anyone close to philly, if/when you can make it even solo, drinks/lunch on me here. just bring your daily wearer, good appetite and good cheer. :)

alam likes this.
  7. semper_shells Jun 27, 2017

I'm in Hampton Roads area of VA (Williamsburg to be exact) I would love to attend a GTG, I have kids but am willing to try to make something work.

OMGRLX likes this.
  8. OMGRLX a RolexBear in disguise Jun 27, 2017

we all (or almost all) have one or more of the little ones running around. they can do their own thing (knock down the house?) while we're drooling over watches.:)

9. shishy www.hpmor.com Jun 27, 2017

I'm in MD/close to DC. Happy to come to a get together :). Loop me in!

semper_shells and OMGRLX like this.
  10. semper_shells Jun 27, 2017

Don't tempt me with a good time. lol

OMGRLX and shishy like this.
  11. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Jun 27, 2017

It's more about the 2-1/2 to 3 hour ride each way solo with the 4 year old that is touchy. He is not really capable of entertaining himself for all of that time. So that means adding another hour each way to the trip for stops.

I've done day trips to Philly a few times and it would not be an issue if it happens on a weekend when my wife is free for at least one of the days.

OMGRLX likes this.
  12. OMGRLX a RolexBear in disguise Jun 27, 2017

I hear ya. We are all so busy with work and kids, that's how it is. When you're headed down to philly, you let me know. :)

13. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Jun 27, 2017

Will do. We always do at least a half day in the city on our way to visit the sister.

I might also have an opportunity at some point during the week, as I've had to go to downtown Philly for meetings a couple of times this past year.

14. heavenscloud Aug 13, 2017

I'm about 40 minutes from Philly. Count me in.