Forums Latest Members

P.O 39.5 Bracelet link rubbing on case?

1. VQ37Reaper Aug 16, 2018

Hi everybody,

New to the forums but not new to Omega. I recently picked up a new P.O 39.5 and noticed that the first link connected to the end links seem to be rubbing on the very tip of the lugs. It’s wearing away the finish on the inside of the link on both ends. I’ve attached some photos so you can see what I mean. My question is - is this normal for this watch and how will this affect the long term wear of the lugs (say over the course of 5-10 years).

This is not something I’d expect from Omega...not even something I’d expect on a mid tier Seiko. Looking through some of the used listings for the P.O 39 it looks like most of them are showing signs of wear on the links. Overall I’m pretty disappointed in the finish of this watch, my older SMPc had crisp lines and a brushed finish that held up perfectly for almost 5 years whereas my P.O’s brushing is already starting to dull around the edges.

Regardless - any help/input/comments/opinions are appreciated!

348D6D17-DAD0-4EAA-ADFF-5FDEF2B494FC.jpeg CD91C6DE-0087-4ACB-835F-18ECC84E3BF5.jpeg EF703FC1-4590-47E8-AA12-5C65ACF4E3C8.jpeg