Forums Latest Members
  1. OmegaRody Feb 14, 2022

Do you think the Oyster Perpetual 41mm(124300) is still scarse or it is flowing more in big cities AD stores? Is price expected to continue increasing in the secondary market?

Obviously this is a question based of experimentation and research(incidental or purposely)

Edited Feb 14, 2022
  2. taz101 Feb 15, 2022

depends which colour your referring to the bright colours are more scarce which is reflected in secondary pricing.

3. 1010Watches Feb 15, 2022

I don't think that these secondary prices will fall unless there is some serious economic downturn in the near future. The fact that supply chain issues drove up the prices of Rolex instead of hurting the brand goes to say a lot about the demand for these little pieces of metal.

4. Oyaoik Feb 23, 2022

Rolex has to make a very little amount of these. Which doesnt make any sense to me, because this should be the entry level Rolex compareable to the datejust line - without a date. I wonder if they deliberately make a scarce amount of these or is the demand really that high... I think the prices for these should go down with time, because it doesnt simply make sense that Rolex would want to keep their entry level models as insturments of speculation rather than simple time only watches.

5. Badwolf Feb 23, 2022

Rolex controlling the market as usual. It will stay this way as long as the customers are prepared to pay silly prices.

6. Watchman001 Mar 12, 2022

I agree with this guy.

7. taz101 Mar 15, 2022

or the flipside to that coin is that "even our inferior entry model is in high demand..we are Rolex..we are desirable"

8. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Mar 15, 2022

I was lucky enough to get the yellow, and I have the WIne color 39. I have tried to get the orange and light blue but it is an impossible feat. Especially the blue because of the Tiffany Blue fever.

I think there is as much chance or less of these becoming available over the other models as I think there is enormous demand for them. THey are no longer the lesser option.

cvalue13 likes this.
  9. bombaywalla Mar 15, 2022

possible.
    or, the other possible explanation is that Rolex didnt know how well these would be received in the market so they made only a few. And, as it always seems to happen to Rolex, these diff dial color models are all sold out.....
    they might be trying to escalate production but it's probably taking time...
    Plus, I am speculating, Rolex might want to think whether to increase production altogether or sacrifice another model for increased production of OP 41m with diff dial colors....
    Not an easy decision as you dont want production capacity sitting idle in future years....

10. TheGreekPhysique Mar 15, 2022

I received a call from an AD back in late December or early January from a representative stating they didn’t have the model I was interested but had some OPs come through asking if I wanted one. I declined. They didn’t specify what color though so I am not sure if the colorful ones are indeed harder to come by but as others stated the secondary market is indicative of that.

11. morningtundra Mar 16, 2022

I can't think of a good business reason why Rlx would want to crank these out any faster. Customer sat isn't their problem (beyond the RSC). They have their plant working at peak capacity and selling everything that comes off the line. The status quo is peachy.

12. Omega D Mar 16, 2022

None in U.K AD’s. 2022. In 2017 they were available in most AD’s

13. sleepyastronaut Mar 17, 2022

for ppl who haven't gotten the message,

if your AD hasn't offered you the steel sports rolli, it could be because you haven't yet bought enough from that jeweler.

go back, several times, ask politely if there's anything he can do.

eventually, if you're politic enough, he may tell you that you need to buy some jewelry for your wife, buy some jewelry for your girlfriend, then he will see what he can do to help you

maybe buy that dog rolli in the case with the diamond dial that just sits, someone has to

14. morningtundra Mar 17, 2022

Or... roll up all that extra cash you dropped and time wasted kissing-up, and just go gray.

Stripey and Nobel Prize like this.
  15. sleepyastronaut Mar 17, 2022

your AD prefers this anyway. he wants you buying grey so that he can keep selling to the gray dealers

16. DLT222 Double D @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 31, 2022

Bet nobody saw it being discontinued did they!

17. MTROIS Apr 6, 2022

Indeed!! I only realized this today when perusing their website… no more yellow, coral red or Tiffany blue!

Edited Apr 6, 2022
  18. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Apr 7, 2022

Did they really discontinued these models? That's crazy. I feel bad because I didn't get the coral and the blue but at least I got the yellow.

19. Oyaoik Apr 7, 2022

Yeah it sucks that the life span was so short.

To be completely honest I think these watches were not / aren't greater than life. I had the 36 green op (which is still available^^) and u could really tell that these are entry level pieces. The bracelet clasp for example, felt rattling and unrefined. My explorer 39 feels miles ahead in terms of quality.

Great investments maybe, but as a watch nothing special imo.

20. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Apr 7, 2022

my wife has a green 36, I have the 39 grape and the 41 yellow. I do find the 41 is as solidly make as my explorer and datejusts 41.
    Are they worth 30 to 50g? Not IMO, that should be a whole other level of watchmaking. The pilot Patek is on the 50’s

I love the yellow. I just told my wife about the current price and she said “don’t even think of selling it” by contrast she hates the Daytona and would love to see it go.

cvalue13 likes this.