Oyster 15200 Redial or just a 90’s factory dial?

Hi all

I came across the Oyster on eBay. Granted it’s a 90’s Watch so the condition should be better than my usual fodder of 60’s watches. I also understand white text is more acceptable in the 90’s as opposed to gilt, but it stills looks off to me.

The text looks overly thick and a bit sloppy, ‘Swiss Made’ looks ever so slightly crooked and the whole dial just looks wrong to me.

Am I correct - redial? Or is this a genuine 90’s dial with a poor photo?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/233724429307

900C72EF-4DCB-4B30-BEC4-31E4E1941E88.png

This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.
I share your reservations, although I can’t be any better at articulating the basis of my suspicions than you have already.

The font used on the lower half of the dial, in particular, looks wrong to my eyes.

Hard to say from those pictures. Some of those glossy black dialed Rolexes from the 90's had sort of "foggy" looking white printing that is almost transparent on the edges. That's not a hard watch to get a genuine take-off dial for so as long as you don't pay a premium for it's black dial then it's not such a risk to buy the thing. Original quick-set Datejusts and Date dials are a dime a dozen in NYC and Kowloon and a gazillion of them for sale on Ebay and elsewhere on the net if one isn't close to those locales.

Thanks for the input. It’s not one I’m considering as it’s slightly too new for my tastes and I prefer DateJusts for the extra 2mm.

I just wondered what people’s thoughts were on originality as it just looked ‘off’ to me.

it’s interesting that you’re saying the text on 90’s dials can be less precise than you’d expect @janice&fred

@bags1971 do Yuki do OysterDate dials? I thought they were just into GMT’s/Subs/Daytona’s etc.

it’s interesting that you’re saying the text on 90’s dials can be less precise than you’d expect

Yes as I mentioned, I have noticed on some glossy black dialed examples from that era the printing ink is sort of "milky" looking compared to the print on matte black dials. That tends to blur things especially in pictures.

Thanks for the input. It’s not one I’m considering as it’s slightly too new for my tastes and I prefer DateJusts for the extra 2mm.

I just wondered what people’s thoughts were on originality as it just looked ‘off’ to me.

it’s interesting that you’re saying the text on 90’s dials can be less precise than you’d expect @janice&fred

@bags1971 do Yuki do OysterDate dials? I thought they were just into GMT’s/Subs/Daytona’s etc.
ive seen them on their web site

https://www.yukiwatch.com/catalog/item/6380817/10422115.htm