Forums Latest Members
  1. sean_t_123 Mar 12, 2018

Hello,

I just got caught up in Ebay and Omega for the first time, and I then realized that there are a lot of fakes out there. I'm kicking myself for not doing more research, but I figured I should ask for help now rather than never. I just purchased this watch on Ebay, and I'm hoping you would help me understand what I may have purchased. I was just starting out and went for a vintage looking quartz, but now I'm thinking I may have ended up with a fake quartz.

Be honest with what you think, and I appreciate your help.

1.PNG 2.PNG 3.PNG 4.PNG

2. sjg22 Mar 12, 2018

You’d have to be a counterfeiter with low self-esteem for that to be your preferred product... usually this era of watches aren’t “faked”, they’re “re-dialed” - I don’t think this is a redial but there are many with more experience with this specific watch that can confirm.

I wouldn’t think it’s fake - the condition isn’t good but a service might improve it considerably (although further and better photos would help any assessment).

Edited Mar 12, 2018
  3. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Mar 12, 2018

4. sean_t_123 Mar 12, 2018

Thanks for the all the posts so far. Those aren't my photos because the watch hasn't arrived. I just started panicking thinking I wasted my money and thought someone here my tell me for sure. If it arrives when it was promised, I can make a better effort this weekend.

@efauser - Thank you for the link

5. Ninja2789 Mar 12, 2018

Honestly, this is probably one of the best lessons you could ever have early in your collecting journey. You realize you jumped the gun and you learned this lesson with a relatively inexpensive watch (well, relatively).

Welcome to the wonderful world of vintage!

GuiltyBoomerang and R3D9 like this.
  6. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Mar 12, 2018

Tired plated 80’s quartz.

Maybe 70’s do I spot a c case?

7. sean_t_123 Mar 17, 2018

All, thank you for the reply. I'm supposed to receive the watch today, and I'll see if I can provide any better photos. I really appreciate everyone's input.

8. DonovanMartin Mar 17, 2018

I agree with Ninja2789. If your going to be in the vintage watch business it is better to learn early and on the low end of expenses! Most of us have a “face palm” story!

GuiltyBoomerang likes this.
  9. Dr No Mar 17, 2018

I'm skeptical of the bracelet being original to the watch.

Art

10. Modest_Proposal Trying too hard to be one of the cool kids Mar 18, 2018

Don't worry about losing your money. If the watch is a fake (which it does not appear to be), you can force a return and full refund via Ebay's protection policy.

11. morningtundra Mar 18, 2018

I’ve been there too...

Try to stay cool until it arrives.

Hope there’s a happy ending for you.