Forums Latest Members

Over/Down-Under Method doesn't work with Omega OEM Nato?

1. FFabian Apr 14, 2021

Maybe I'm a bit dense today but I was just trying to wear my Speed yon a OEM Omega Nato with the Over-Under Method for 15 minutes and couldn't make it work. It was the first time trying it with the OEM Strap, usually I wear it this way on a standard Crown&Buckle Nato. Am I too stupid, dehydrated or is the OEM somehow different? Do you guys wear it this style with the OEM straps. If yes - how?

2. RI Omega Fan Apr 14, 2021

I never really understood the point of wearing a NATO in this fashion. If this look is what you’re after, why not just wear a single pass strap?

Also, “Wowzers”? ::confused2::

Tet, Scarecrow Boat and pascs like this.
  3. FFabian Apr 14, 2021

Does it matter why I'm doing it? I like it - is that reason enough? I have the Big Box Speedy with a free OEM Nato strap - and I don't like cutting up a 160€ strap.

If you don't like this video there's another one ->

blufinz52 likes this.
  4. 502 to right Apr 14, 2021

There are a ton more color options for a standard NATO as opposed to single pass or two-piece nylon straps.

What I do is cut off the extra flap on a standard NATO and turn the strap into a single pass.

blufinz52 likes this.
  5. 502 to right Apr 14, 2021

I don't think the OEM Omega straps work for that method. I recently bought one that I'm going to return for that reason (and I don't want to cut off the excess flap on a $160 strap). I also think the 19.5mm size is ridiculous for a strap of that expense.

FFabian likes this.
  6. FFabian Apr 14, 2021

Ah thanks for the info.
    Please explain. Should it be larger or smaller? Why? The strap sits pretty tight between the lugs with my Speedy.

7. night0wl Apr 14, 2021

"wowsers, that's a winner" - ARCHIE LUXURY

8. 502 to right Apr 14, 2021

ld b

It should be 19mm for 19mm lugs and 20mm for 20mm lugs. Omega cheaped out by making them 19.5mm so the same strap could be used for either lug thickness. Making it too small or too big.