Forums Latest Members
  1. Professor Mar 24, 2018

Don't know where else to put this.

Is this the movement used in the "Our Man Flint" wristwatch?
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/3722464333...d=232706207659&itm=372246433365&ul_noapp=truePurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network s-l1600 (18).jpg

I know the watches don't look the same, and I presume the film used watch was a one off prop creation. just wondering if it is the same movement.

2. redpcar Mar 24, 2018

3. Professor Mar 25, 2018

Looks like the markers that serve the function of hour and minute hands are mounted on transparent discs?

I suppose most movements could be adapted for this purpose by switching out the pinions to something more sturdy.

The case of the Le Couture example looks more like the case of the Flint watch.

PS
    Though the buy now price is very low even for a watch needing repair or servicing I passed on it. The angle of the watch in the images obscures the tilt of the crown. It looks like this watch was slammed into something hard enough to bend the stem and possibly indent the case. I don't think I want one of these if it needs expensive repairs. Its unlikely that parts could be found. Also its described as a GENOVA watch, possibly a misprint but with no way of knowing exactly who manufactured it I just lost interest.

Those who know more about these might be interested, if so be my guest.

Edited Mar 25, 2018