Forums Latest Members

Ouch...good and bad weekend

1. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Feb 18, 2014

So took the weekend off to do some things in Toronto. This is the first time off I've had since last November, so we picked up some friends on the way into Toronto and headed to Caplansky's deli for some smoked meat sandwiches and split pea soup, which was awesome!

Then checked into our hotel, and made our way to the new Ripley's aquarium in Toronto...I wasn't quite sure what to expect with it being a Ripley's thing, as they are usually pretty gimmicky, but it was actually a lot of fun.

Few quick shots taken with the iPhone so not the best quality obviously...

[​IMG]

The cool thing was they worked hard to get you very close to the fish...so a lot of it was walking through tunnels inside the pools and you were very close to everything.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So after that had a nice dinner, and then off to see the Toronto Rock professional Lacrosse game...

[​IMG]

It was actually a lot of fun, and at time even rougher than a hockey game! It seems that cross checking is completely legal in Pro Lacrosse....

Back to hotel, had a drink at the bar, and headed to bed. The next day we were supposed to be at the auto show...

Having a shower, tub was very slippery, and I went down hard - my ribs hit the edge of the tub:

[​IMG]

Well that hurt like hell to put it mildly. Ambulance showed up, and I was off to the closest hospital...

[​IMG]

X-rays, blood tests, ultrasound, lots of pain killers...was discharged with nothing broken (which surprised the hell out of me actually) and no internal damage, but very sore.

So anyone on here who has a watch in my shop (there are a few of you) note than I will be a bit behind. I can't lift my arms up to work at the bench right now, so hopefully this will only last a few days and I'll be back at it.

Missed the auto show, which was a bummer.

Cheers, Al

2. ulackfocus Feb 18, 2014

Ouch! Do they have personal injury lawyers up north? ;)

3. Mothra Feb 18, 2014

I did that a couple of years ago - all of a sudden old people worrying about falling over in the bath is no longer funny...

4. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Feb 18, 2014

Get well soon, and make sure you have plenty of straws at home. Not to sure how the amber nectar will taste mind you ;)

5. Noisy Nova Feb 18, 2014

It's quite all right to take a week off now and then. ( even if you have some of my watches) ;)

6. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Feb 18, 2014

Ouch is right, scary as hell too I'm sure!

Take care.

7. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Feb 18, 2014

Thanks - yes it was a bit scary actually. I have a type of arthritis that causes joints in the spine, neck, etc. to fuse together (I was diagnosed when I was 21 years old, so not an "old guys" type of arthritis) so falls like this can certainly be serious...

Anyway, it's giving me a chance to catch up on some paperwork!

Cheers, Al

8. alleged Feb 18, 2014

Ankylosing spondylitis?

9. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Feb 18, 2014

Ouch. But glad to see that even this adventure a) gets fully documented in photos and b) you indicate the key point with your red arrows!

10. Dablitzer Feb 18, 2014

Sorry to hear.. great pics though, hopefully the rest will help you to recoup and get you back on the road again! ;)

11. Hijak Feb 18, 2014

Theres something to be said about being through and consistent:thumbsup: , get well soon Al...there is no ulterior motive here either, Al doesn't have any of my watches.;)

12. JohnSteed Feb 18, 2014

I cringed reading your story Al

Get well soon, safely.

13. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Feb 18, 2014

That would be it....

14. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Feb 18, 2014

LOL! Old habits die hard...

And thanks everyone. Trying to take it easy but it's not in my nature to do nothing all day...

Cheers, Al

timeismoney likes this.
  15. seamonster Respectable Member Feb 18, 2014

Respectable Member Archer

Wishing you a quick and full recovery, soon.

Thank you.

16. Tire-comedon First Globemaster Feb 18, 2014

Ouch, I know that this can be horribly painful, and it takes some time to cure.

Take care, have some rest and recover soon.

17. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter Feb 18, 2014

Get well Al!

18. NT931 Feb 18, 2014

rest well Al!

19. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Feb 18, 2014

Get well soon Al. I know that awkward & guilty feeling when we have to get bed rest while we know our work is waiting & piling.........

20. timeismoney Feb 18, 2014

Hi Al,

Feel better And get well soon!