Forums Latest Members

OT: I Claudius & Claudius the God

1. adam78 Adam @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 14, 2015

Years ago I bought these 2-fer "books on tape" albums, abridged versions of the classic Robert Graves novels read by the inimitable Derek Jacobi. These were produced in 1980, 4 years after the BBC miniseries. I finally got around to digitizing all of these (4.5 hours worth), so in case anybody else has an interest in hearing them, I've uploaded the mp3s to this folder (each cassette side -- 4 to each book -- has its own file). Over the years I've listened to these many, many times, so they are like old friends.

https://app.box.com/s/hx2knbulk72q6asypa651thzgj106pau

Robert Graves_ I Claudius (read by Sir Derek Jacobi).jpg Robert Graves_ Claudius the God (read by Sir Derek Jacobi).jpg
    Edited Apr 14, 2015
    flw, Alpha and MMMD like this.
  2. MMMD unaffiliated curmudgeonly absurdist & polyologist Apr 15, 2015

Th-th-th-thank you!

3. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Apr 15, 2015

Excellent. My father, who was from Europe originally, loved to spend time in a small town on the mountainous side of island of Majorca called Deià. I joined him a few times during the '70s, and enjoyed it thoroughly. Robert Graves lived there for a long period, and wrote many of his better known works while there. There were other well-known artists and writers who gravitated to Deià, and I can understand why.

Unfortunately, it is has lost much of its charm, as big money (Richard Branson, among others, owns a home) has come to dominate.

MMMD likes this.