Forums Latest Members
  1. Tiny Iota Could potentially be the Official OF Stalker ™ Jun 22, 2015

Further to my post about my friend's Heuer, he also had this Oris, which might be interesting too. I won't repeat the spiel from that post so will just post the single pic I have taken. Not opened it up so have nothing more to go on until I have time to do some proper research.
    image.jpg

2. Canuck Jun 22, 2015

I would tread carefully on this if I were you. The Oris name has been around for a long time. The only similarity between the Oris of 60 years ago and the Oris of today is the name. Oris disappeared from the market for a number of years, re-appearing having morphed into an upmarket, mid-range watch of vastly better quality than the earlier ones. Simply put, I would classify early Oris watches as " cheap" watches! I think the subject watch is one of those. If you can take a picture of what is inside the case and get back to us, we'll have a better idea.

lenny likes this.
  3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jun 22, 2015

Many early Oris were pin lever movements - they were good for pin levers, but they were still pin levers...

This might be a Swiss lever watch, but without knowing what movement is inside it's difficult to say. Either way, it won't be worth very much.

Cheers, Al

4. Tiny Iota Could potentially be the Official OF Stalker ™ Jun 22, 2015

Thanks both. I'll let him know. I doubt he'll be crying too much considering that Heuer was in the bag with it