Forums Latest Members
  1. veteran May 1, 2017

I'm a newbie folks, so please be gentle.
    I've posted a couple of pics of an Omega Seamaster my uncle gave me for my college graduation in 1969. He was a merchant seaman, and I believe he bought the watch in Europe. Anyway, I haven't worn the watch for years, and digging it out recently, I found that it works only intermittently. I have no idea what it might be worth today, and I really don't want to sell it, but would like to have it restored for my personal use. Can anyyone can give me an idea as to
    1. Where to get it repaired/restored, i.e a reputable Omega watchmaker/jewelry.
    2. What the watch might be worth after restoration, and what it might be worth now.
    3. I know there are a lot of versions of the Seamaster...anything particular about this one I should know about.
    Thank you very much in advance for all advice and comments.
    Veteran

1-100_5211.JPG 2-100_5213.JPG
  2. watchknut New watch + Instagram + wife = dumbass May 1, 2017

That is a great looking watch, and appears to be original.

Value "as-is", maybe $300. Value serviced, maybe $500-600. Service will be $200-300, but depends on who does it.

Service it and keep it...wear everyday, it is a really nice honest piece.

Vitezi likes this.
  3. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident May 1, 2017

To answer question 1, we would need to know where in the world you are. The site is Australian owned but we have members from all over the world.

I am guessing from the date format on your photos that you are in the US and there are plenty of people here who can make recommendations for service.

4. veteran May 1, 2017

I live in Northern Michigan, the Upper Peninsula to be exact.

5. Vitezi May 1, 2017

6. veteran May 2, 2017

Wow....I need to go through my deceased uncle's stuff more carefully. Lo and behold, I found another old Omega Seamaster, this one appears to be in much better shape than the crosshair in my previous post, although it also does not work. Knowing my bachelor uncle, there may even be another one or two of these babies lying around. This one must have been his personal timepiece. Anyway, any information and/or advice you can send my way will once again be very appreciated.
    Veteran Omega Face.JPG Omega Back.JPG

7. Humptymarsbar May 2, 2017

A true treasure trove