Forums Latest Members
  1. sdre Jul 12, 2017

2. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jul 12, 2017

3. sdre Jul 12, 2017

STANDY likes this.
  4. Gordon Heavyfoot Jul 12, 2017

I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to Connies but in my opinion this looks like a decent watch. I do notice, however, that there are uneven scratches on the side of the case. It kind of looks like someone attempted to mill the case and f'ed it up a bit. Maybe this is normal, I don't know. I think these C-cases don't get the attention that that other Connies do, which is a shame. I think they have a clean, classic look, especially the variants with coin-edge bezels. $650 doesn't sound too unreasonable to me, provided that the side of the case is OK. I'm sure the experts will comment soon. Good luck if you purchase.

5. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jul 12, 2017

The sides of the case should have a silk or mirror finish, I think what we see there is a reflection of the grain in the timber of the table.

That's why it's always best to photograph against neutral backgrounds.

I think it's a decent watch.

6. j.allen Jul 12, 2017

The crystal often distorts the printing on the dial so it's hard to say for sure without better images. My eyes don't see a problem with the dial. I can see what Gordon is referring to. It's possible somebody tried to restore the brushed finish and didn't do a good job. I was never a fan of this style case but this is irrelevant.

7. j.allen Jul 12, 2017

Jiminoz this is possible, but if you look at the reflection it's probably of the leather it's sitting on which is more pebbled than the elongated grain of the table.

8. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jul 12, 2017

If it was me thinking of buying I'd ask the seller for some clear pictures of all sides of the watch against a neutral background.

9. ConElPueblo Jul 13, 2017

It looks very, very nice and the price is, IMO, very reasonable.

The only part of the case finishing I am not completely sure of is the circular brushing on the front of the case (it looks a bit vague in the side shot), but that part is specifically mentioned by the seller... The sunburst finish on the bezel is usually the first part to be worn on these and that looks great here.

The dial is one of the best looking for this reference and in my experience the 564 is more widely appealing than the 751 models.

If you're looking for a C-case, this one will be hard to beat.

10. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jul 13, 2017

Condition of underside of case near lugs compared to the top of case ! Would say the case has been redone by someone like Omega or STS with a good result.

As a few above, very reasonable watch for price.

ConElPueblo likes this.
  11. sdre Jul 13, 2017

Thank you for the kind response and advice. I'll speak to the seller and see what he says. cheers.

12. ConElPueblo Jul 13, 2017

IMO, those marks are either from strap changes or dirt. The amount of crud near the case back tells me that the case hasn't been cleaned prior to those pictures and much of what looks like scratch marks will disappear after a light clean.

The C-case I sold here earlier this year looked much the same: https://omegaforums.net/threads/omega-constellation-168-017-cal-564-from-1968.51900/

Most of the marks on the underside of the lugs in the photo in my sales thread are from me wearing the watch prior to taking the pictures, as it was nearly spotless after a light, soapy bath :D

EDIT: and even if it has been in the hands of Omega that would only be a good thing :thumbsup:

Edited Jul 13, 2017
    sdre likes this.
  13. sdre Jul 13, 2017

thanks guys, i'm taking the plunge and have bought it! Now waiting for confirmation from him and i'll post pics when i get it!

ConElPueblo likes this.
  14. perks713 Jul 13, 2017

Great looking watch! And now I've got another forum to keep an eye on for sales, I'm not sure if I'm happy about that or not....

Toishome and sdre like this.
  15. ConElPueblo Jul 13, 2017

Have fun sorting through all the Invictas and homage watches! ;)

That said - vintage watches on WUS are really oddly priced. Either the sellers want ridiculous amounts of money (usually only CONUS sales, though...) or else they'll accept petty cash.

@sdre - I think you're getting a decent deal :thumbsup:

sdre likes this.
  16. sdre Jul 13, 2017

Thanks alot :) I'm really fortunate to be directed here by a friend who's into vintage watches. I can't wait to share with everyone when I receive it :)

I hope to value add to this forums too when I can :)

17. Toishome Jul 13, 2017

I really want one of those with the silver dial :(

18. Toishome Jul 13, 2017

You are so right my friend. Yet another open tab on my browser :D