Forums Latest Members
  1. Y.S. Oct 15, 2014

Hi,

I am thinking of replacing some watch straps for my vintage non-chronometer Omegas, and trying to decide between factory-Omega watch straps (alligator embossed) and Hirsch Duke. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

2. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Oct 15, 2014

I would not go OEM, there are too many nice straps out there for a lot less money.

Some of my favorite straps are Keleran. They have an eBay shop here:

http://stores.ebay.com/KELARAN-USA

3. Mothra Oct 15, 2014

Bloody hell, theres a bit of a range between original OEM and a £15 Hirsch. Not exactly like for like. I reckon straps are consumables, but if you can afford it, real gator is much mote satisfying than a dead cow pretending to be reptile.

Stas and Event horizon like this.
  4. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Oct 15, 2014

The Hirsch Duke is a very nice strap for the price, I have them on several watches.

With an Omega strap you are paying an awful lot for the name.

5. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Oct 15, 2014

Keleran has real gator for about $50. I think Cousins has OEM Omega leather starting around $80, but I'm not sure if they can ship leather to the US. I prefer a Hirsch or Speidel at around $15-$20, although the Keleran might be the better strap for the money over the long term.

gatorcpa

6. Y.S. Oct 17, 2014

Thank you all for the information. I will check keleran and see what they have to offer.
    The Omega straps I have stumbled upon where leather straps (not real gator) for 45$. They are at the same price range of the Hirsch Duke. I am not completely sure of their authenticity though, even though they seem fine to me:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121450721079Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Your thoughts?

7. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Oct 17, 2014

I'd be highly skeptical of an Omega strap and buckle for the asking price. :cautious: