Forums Latest Members
  1. kendrick May 11, 2013

I've been told that longines went through a transitional phase in 59-60 and were all over the place with their parts... But this can't be an original dial as stated in the description? The case and the three stars on the dial itself - strongly suggest it is a conquest and not a flagship as it is listed. Any input from the experts?

1961's LONGINES FLAGSHIP 18K SOLID GOLD AUTOMATIC MEN'S WATCH

regards,
    kendrick

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member May 11, 2013

The four lume plots look somewhat weird...

3. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member May 11, 2013

I don't like the automatic,

4. kendrick May 11, 2013

very sketchy, which is a complete shame as the solid pink gold case is beautiful.

5. LouS Mrs Nataf's Other Son Staff Member May 11, 2013

I'd say no. That vertical graining looks unfamiliar to me, the printing is over-inked, and the lume bars are bright white.

6. ulackfocus May 11, 2013

Kendrick, you were on to something when you thought Conquest - but not for the 3 star reason. I've got an automatic Flagship that has 3 stars on the dial but Longines did not offer them with any earlier movement than the 34x/35x series. The earlier caliber 290 and the case reference 902x all belong to the Conquest line and not the Flagship line. That domed crown is also a Conquest / All Guard feature that was not used on any Flagship to my knowledge. Furthermore, that dial is from a no-name Longines and somebody redialed it in the style of a Flagship in an attempt to make more money since the non-series watches bring half of what the Flagship sells for.

In short, every reply in this thread had a hint to what is wrong with this redial / possible franken so passing is the correct answer.