Forums Latest Members
  1. alecuncu Sep 17, 2019

Hey all,

I just came across this constellation reference 2852 and I gotta say, it looks good. I'm thinking about buying this one. What does concern me is the second hand. On similar models the second hand reaches about as far as the minute hand.

Anything that looks off to any of you? I like the indices and arabic numeral mix. Too bad it's not a Pie Pan, but can't have it all. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Seller is asking EUR 1100. Could probably get that down a bit. It seems like a decent price (if it's all original), but I would appreciate your input. Enjoy the pictures below:

Connie 1.jpg Connie 2.jpg Connie 11.jpg Connie 10.jpg Connie 3.jpg Connie 4.jpg Connie 5.jpg Connie 6.jpg Connie 7.jpg Connie 8.jpg Connie 9.jpg

2. cristos71 Sep 17, 2019

Yes definitely an incorrect length seconds hand. Later service crown too. I find the €1100 on the high side, it's an OK watch, but not outstanding in any respect.

chronos and alecuncu like this.
  3. alecuncu Sep 17, 2019

Thank's for confirming my suspicion about the seconds hand. How can you tell the crown is from a later service, though? Would help if I knew, so I can spot this myself when browsing connie's.

4. cristos71 Sep 17, 2019

The thickness of the crown and the shape of the logo

alecuncu likes this.
  5. alecuncu Sep 17, 2019

I still have much to learn.

6. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Sep 17, 2019

Here is one in 18k rose gold with the same dial style - for reference.

[​IMG]

alecuncu likes this.
  7. alecuncu Sep 17, 2019

My my, that is gorgeous. This will come in handy, thank you.

8. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Sep 17, 2019

If you do buy that one, make sure you get the worn rotor issue addressed unless the seller has valid proof that it has been rectified during a very recent service.

connieseamaster, alecuncu and chronos like this.
  9. alecuncu Sep 18, 2019

Thank you for the advice. I won't be buying this one, though. I was hoping someone would tell me otherwise regarding the seconds hand, but as it is indeed not an original, I think I'll pass.

Out of curiosity, by worn, do you mean the scratching around the center screw? Or does something else not look right to you?

10. SG90 Sep 18, 2019

On the back of the case under the words ‘fit washer’ and going around in a circle you can see a scratch mark caused by the rotor rotation.

chronos likes this.
  11. alecuncu Sep 18, 2019

Ah I was looking at the wrong place. Thanks for the clarification!