Forums Latest Members

SOLD Original 1940's Universal Geneve Tri-Compax Moonphase, Calendar, Chronograph

1. Modest_Proposal Trying too hard to be one of the cool kids Oct 3, 2013

Hello guys - first time sale on this site.

I told myself I wouldn't sell this for a while, but I'm having unexpected financial difficulties. It was going to be sent off to Al Archer for a complete service.

This is my newly acquired Tri-Compax watch with a nearly mint dial. This is the very uncommon gold filled version (the serial number back up the authenticity of the case, I've been told, because serial numbers beginning with "4" were gold filled).

The chronograph seconds hand is not functioning correctly (it doesn't reset properly and sometimes won't track right). and that's why I wanted to service it before I sold it. Since I'm in the midst of a financial problems, though, that will have to be your initiative. I'm sure this hasn't been serviced in decades, so the hick-up is understandable. The gear train works properly and runs.

The movement is the UG 481 in-house caliber.

Watch measures in at about the 34mm.

I'm asking $3750 or best offer, with Paypal. In live in California, USA.

The strap is just for reference. I don't have the proper pins (inverted pins) to attach a strap with.

If it doesn't sell and my situation improves, I'll actually get it serviced and then hopefully keep it for a while. Let me know if you have questions!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Modest_Proposal Trying too hard to be one of the cool kids Oct 4, 2013

Priced lowered to $3750 OBO.

3. Modest_Proposal Trying too hard to be one of the cool kids Oct 6, 2013